Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have just been browsing around looking at a getting a GQ patrol ute. I have noticed that alot of the ute's i have looked at are turboed. Did this model of patrol ute come out turbo? Or are these all aftermarket turbos put onto this engines? If they are aftermarket turbos how well to they handle being bosted.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
hey mate you cant go wrong with a good gq ute the gq s never came out with a factory turbo these motors still dont mind having a turbo on it . it also comes down to how many km old is the motor how much boost etc the turbo is running . there are some motors that i beleive are stronger than others for turboing ( im not to sure im sure some one will clarrify and expand on that) but if you can get a neat and tidy turbo gq you ll love it but stick to a coils allround .

·
Registered
nissan patrol
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate. Yes it will be a coil all round one when i get one.

Any more help is appreciated

cheers

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
What budget are you looking at ???
Cost will depend on what sorta condition, Ks,Turbo or non Turbo
Then location can help with pricing
Theres a GQ extra cab injected 8 in brissie for 10K (all 100% approved)
A GQ ute in good nick with a turbo TD42
Low to mid teens

·
Registered
nissan patrol
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What budget are you looking at ???
Cost will depend on what sorta condition, Ks,Turbo or non Turbo
Then location can help with pricing
Theres a GQ extra cab injected 8 in brissie for 10K (all 100% approved)
A GQ ute in good nick with a turbo TD42
Low to mid teens
Im lookig for a fairly clean one body wise and interior nothing that has been modified to much (engine wise), so looking to spend 15k+. k's on the motor are not to much of a issue as i will probably have the motor rebuilt eventually (just want it to be reliable till then). Really want it to have a td4.2 in it.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts