Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. . . . i think its a bit on the expensive side. . . but here it is. . . GQ chopped LWB

The bad, no motor, every panel is annihilated, no winch, no loom, no seats, rear chop isn't finished, car is trashed, (like -see it to believe it. . . ill try getting a few photos tomorrow.)

The good. ccda approved 6point roll cage, front and rear arb airlockers, 4.6 diff gears, 5speed manual, GU reinforced front and rear diffs, hydraulic bump stops, front tube bar, brand new simex extreme trekkers on externally beadlocked steel rims, all strengthened trailing arms and steering arms, twin shocks, 4-5in lift, no cracks in windscreen, 24volt system, 3batteries, its registered.

So tell me how much its worth.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Its registered with no motor? Ummm 4grand? It would be better for him to part it out. You buy it you still have to get it all engineered, most engineers dont like signing something halfway through a build. An engine conversion LS3 or something (don't put something stupid like any normal patrol engine if you are after power and reliability) will cost about 5-10g if you do yourself and no what you are doing.

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Its registered with no motor? Ummm 4grand? It would be better for him to part it out. You buy it you still have to get it all engineered, most engineers dont like signing something halfway through a build. An engine conversion LS3 or something (don't put something stupid like any normal patrol engine if you are after power and reliability) will cost about 5-10g if you do yourself and no what you are doing.

^^
Chris knows this $hit like he did it ;).

PM BIG GQ, he could probably give you an idea of how much it costed him for his GQ to be chopped up into a ute, and give you a rough idea on how much all costed up.

But hey, sounds really cool Jase :).

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
GenIII complete with loom and computer can be had for peanuts these days.. worth a look Jacket.
A mate at work picked up a Crate 6 liter Chev for $4500 ready to go(GMH stock) for his HQ coupe,
options out there.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its the other stuff that ends up costing, like 4.6's 1k, airlockers 3k, winch 2k, reinforced diffs 1k, wheels 2k, power mods?? theres 9k without spending a cent on power! i want to ring him and offer 12k, but its sooo rude.

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
its the other stuff that ends up costing, like 4.6's 1k, airlockers 3k, winch 2k, reinforced diffs 1k, wheels 2k, power mods?? theres 9k without spending a cent on power! i want to ring him and offer 12k, but its sooo rude.
Don't buy it just cause it's a good buy.. that's an easy trap to get into. If you were looking for a comp truck for a while and this one popped up .....

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
c'mon people! i need a basher! i passed on a gu coilcab turbo 4.2 yesterday for 8k, no reg, no roadie, standardish, and drowned. i found a nice gq on carsales for 15k. but its a bit of cash for a basher.

this is another gq i like the look of. 1989 NISSAN PATROL DX GQ Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au
Hey Jacket. i know the owner of that car personally and have driven with that car many many times. Its a monster. He had it listed for 19k but has recently dropped the price.

He has got a few GQs and a GU4.8 that he is going to turn into his bush truck.

He has gone nuts with the Suzuki and has a bells and whistles Zuk that he gets all his kicks out of now.

He does not need the money but also does not need the car any more as he has his play toy and this is going to waste.

If you buy that for $14k that he has on it you will be robbing him mate. I was talking to him about his GQ last night and he said that he still had it and had just spent $1000 on the front end putting drop boxes and other thing in.

Most of the mods have been done then the thing has not been used cause he bought a Zuk and built that up instead of this thing. The Radiator would be 12 months old only.

Money was not the issue when he built this and no expense was spare.

It is a Monster and i dont want him to sell it. Cant believe he is selling it!!

If i had 14k i would grab it in a heart beat.

Monster Turbo, Monster Fuel Pump, Big Intercooler, Big Radiator, Rocket ship. :iconbana:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
car

Mate, that's better than what I thought it was going to look like.

As for old mate that urged you not to put anything patrol in it, well, i wouldn't listen to everyone that 'advises' you.

Peter Mohailoff is getting 346RWKW out of his petrol 4.8.

Bulk people are pulling huge HP out of they're 4.2 petrol.

And I have a Holden 5 litre patrol ute that would get smoked by some six cylinder petrol patrols.

Don't sell the house to buy it but, alternatively buy something already done. I mean your going to spendthe money anyway, Right?

Such as

Off Road Racing - Australia - Marketplace - Category - Extreme 4WD - Nissan Patrol GU race Truck

Get onto that bad boy. You won't regret that*

*I have absolutely no ties to the sale of this vehicle other than I want it really bad.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would probably put a tb45 in it with the motec ecu. . . . . etc. just have 130rwkw and drive it in 2nd and 3rd low with my foot welded to the firewall.

for that kind of stuff its perfect. im not gonna break much. and it will cost around 12k with motor and winch.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
While you have GQ diffs, buy as many CV's as you can fit in the back of you car. With that set up and those pedes you'll go through a few.

Or upgrade diff's

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
The GU diff upgrade in the GQ is easy one of the best mods for them,

wider diff, bigger cv, bigger brakes.

It's a no brainer when applying big power and big tyres.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i looked at it, but im after a GQ because the offroading round here incurs a fair bit of damage, and gq panels are cheap, gu panels aren't.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Internal and external cages?
Looks too tall and too heavy. But it depends what you want to do with it, I know SFA about rock crawling..

This one will be very well set up, The cage is built so you can put back seats in too. Run it as-is for a while then put an LS-2 in and go up a class once you've learnt to drive the wheels off it.
Les Siviour is a legend in that sort of racing, he was actually factory supported by Nissan, he's built a LOT of patrols. My car is based on his setup.
It's a good deal but probably not for you if you want to do winch comps etc.
Off Road Racing - Australia - Marketplace - Category - Production 4WD - GU Patrol

This one is immaculate, I had a look at it the other day. The guy who built it and owns it does very good work. A little short on suspension travel but no DNFs says something about how it's put together. The average race has about 50% DNFs.
Very good price considering it's condition and record.
Off Road Racing - Australia - Marketplace - Category - Production 4WD - 1991 GQ Nissan Patrol

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
im looking for something almost exactly like what iv got pictured, i dont mind what motor it has, i dont care about shiny panels, all i care is that it is really strong, and cheap, and has serious offroad ability.

gu diffs, arb airlockers, warn hi mount with rope, roll cage, and external beadlocks are must have items on the truck i buy-build. also must have either simex extreme trekkers 35-36's or maxxis creepys-treps in 37's. minimum 100rwkw.

This is the sort of thing i want it for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIRUgmZf82Q

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Maybe look around for a forum for that type of comp in your area?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts