Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Loose Wheel after major service!

Well I have calmed down enough now to share. Had my car in at a Nissan Dealership in Adelaide on Thursday for its 40k major service (and magic lock nut recall). 1 full day and about $1,200 later and we were reunited again. Over the weekend I noticed a slight squeeling from the front left wheel similar to the noise when your brakes are getting down (except I know mine are ok) so today I threw the jack under it so I could rotate the wheel to see if I could replicate the noise. To my amazement the wheel had about 10mm of free play. Wheel nuts were fine but the wheel bearings obviously hadn't been done up properly. Not bad after the lecture of what to do with the new wheel nuts and the problem steming from 3rd party workshops not doing nuts up properly. I rang the dealership straight away and told them that I was on my way and wanted it fixed asap. They did the right thing, but now I eagerly await their after service follow up phone call to check on customer satisfaction. Needless to say I will be trying a different dealership next time to see if their work shop full of apprentices's are any better.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hope they seated the bearing cones properly :shock:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Why does Nissan continue to stuff themselves up when it comes to servicing? Their cars are good but the dealerships are pulling them down.

I just bought a car last week and in all my considerations about which maker, I did not EVEN consider a Nissan as I know what happened to me at their services.

I hope some Nissan manager or rep is reading this and tells Japan what people think and gets up the Australia Dealers, because if they continue they are going to get no more sales here in Oz.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my follow up call today to check on how the service went ( had tried to forget about it happening ) the girl was quiet understanding as to why I wasn't happy and was going to follow it up with the service manager etc. Whats the point anyway. I only take it to a Nissan dealership to try and help if the worst case situation should happen, and that removes one excuse if a warrenty claim occured. It is criminal what you pay for some of the stuff hen you look at the service cost breakdown.

Needless to say I will give another dealership a go next time..

·
Registered
nissan
302 Posts
must be a nissan thing part of there training. the nissan dealer here in orange.would be the worst put my in for the wheel nut recal got my patrol back and the snorkol was hanging off from the mount up on near windscrean I ask what happen they said they do ent know fix it myself nissan can go to hell they will never see me or my truck agian..

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
similar thing happened to me.

The "tech" in particular who worked on my vehicle (they didn't even call him a mechanic so I guess he was the apprentice) "no longer worked for them" next time I went in.

I don't always enjoy being a ***** but fact is his mistake could have cost alot more than a job. At least he might not make it again.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

There are stuff-ups with all brands. The thing is with expensive brands ( A Patrol is not cheap though ) people expect and will pay more for service. More money they will get better people. The old saying, pay peanuts and get monkeys. The golden doller has caused de-skilling in a lot of areas, and unfortunately there will only be a few mechanics that like what they are doing and will put up with conditions and pay. For what they do they should get more pay. In any workshop all work especially safety related work should be re-checked though.

I think the best solution is find a good workshop to service your car that can stamp the service book. How much do they ( dealers ) spend on adds, yet when they get a customer they give them crap service ? An unhappy customer will tell more people about poor service than good service as it is what you expect.

My View B M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts