Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A96D2FEE-3176-4581-948D-D9F1C4562563.jpeg
Hi folks, just quick query, loose wire on what I suspect is a sensor of some sort on intake manifold .. can anyone advise how important this may be, or what it does? As at the moment I suspect it’s not doing much.

·
Registered
nissan
6,731 Posts
Yes, that is not a sensor but a heating element as suggested by Timmo. It's not important at all in Australia and can be disconnected.

·
Registered
Nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies. Can’t help wondering if it might help with my cold starts in Tassie middle of winter, they can get bit smokey. Old car just clocked up 400000km.

·
Registered
Nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips, just disconnected it and bridged the plug after doing some further reading on forum, would be an added bonus if it cleaned up my early start smoke issues as well.

·
Registered
Nissan
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FIXED .. after all these years of putting up with clouds of smoke on cold mornings and car running crap on start up now running like a new car, no smoke!! starts immediately and Idles without clagging up and stalling. All it took was a wire and couple of spade fittings. Highly recommend this fix if you are having cold start problems and have a heating element on intake manifold .. could not be happier! Thanks To Timmo84, Overboard and Boosted6 for posting good pictures of how to fix in past thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts