Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan safari
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just installed a turbo. I took it for a run around the block( no dump pipe or exhuast). just to see how it went. Turbo runs fine and so does engine. I found when i was getting to high rpm and boost id change up from say 3rd to 4th. After this i would have no clutch unless i stopped or pumped the clutch a few times? Any ideas could the heat coming out of the hot side effect the lines on the firewall?

Just to note the pedal moves freely after a high rpm gear change? cant find anything on it.

Jurgs

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
1,610 Posts
Either your slave or master cylinder has most likely gone to heaven.
Before replacing bleed the system just in case there may be air.
I had the same issue mine was master.

·
Registered
nissan safari
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bled it at top bleed valve did help. I think it may be the heat coming out the hot side onto the clutch line causing the issue only occurs when it heats up.

I'll see how it goes. Any info or ideas would be great!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Lag the exhaust as it goes past the slave cylinder.
Then re-bleed it the clutch, replacing all the fluid with fresh DOT4. it's a tedious job.
Water in the fluid (incompressible) is turning into steam (compressible)

if you still have trouble take it to a brake and clutch place and they can change all the seals out and flush it so you can use DOT5

At least your problem is an easy fix, when mine gets hot I still have a pedal but the clutch slips in 4th and 5th, and if I don't back off it slips in 2nd and 3rd too.

·
Registered
nissan
11,180 Posts
yeah id say its heat on the lines. put a dump pipe on it and see what happens. heat and brake or clutch fluid dont mix to well and it will boil pretty easy with 500c air blowing onto it. and being a new toy so to speak i bet u were feeding it to???

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Lag the exhaust as it goes past the slave cylinder.
Then re-bleed it the clutch, replacing all the fluid with fresh DOT4. it's a tedious job.
I dont think its DOT4 but DOT3 that is required, DOT4 is not a supercession of DOT3.
DOT3 is required by GUs

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I dont think its DOT4 but DOT3 that is required, DOT4 is not a supercession of DOT3.
DOT3 is required by GUs
Good pickup, I'll look into that.
I think I put the wrong fluid in mine then...

·
Registered
nissan
2,928 Posts
MikeH
I have a Salah Motorsports twin plate clutch and Aluminium flywheel here that wont slip.
Makes it rev like a two stroke as well total weight of clutch and flywheel 11kg (stock GU 28kg).

Marty

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I'd like to see that Bambill. Got photos?
Might be best to start a new thread since it isnt about the slave cyl anymore.
Mine picks up revs like a petrol as it is.... lightweight flywheel would be interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts