Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloke in our club has traded his 2.8 in after the motor shyt itself :shock:... Now few mths into owning his pride and joy Grenade it has an oil pressure issue. He noticed it when towing and went to over take a truck... :( I thought oil sender issue, but the dealer has admited there is a problem with actual oil pressure which is 1% of good news for him as it has warranty.

Has anyone had an issue with the ZD losing pressure over 3500rpm? Upto there its fine, crusing around town its fine. Hes nervous about gettin it back and having problems after warranty.

He aint a bad bloke, just poor choices in Patrols... :p

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Patrols do 3500rpm? Crikey.. might have to look into that :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dronus4x4 said:
Patrols do 3500rpm? Crikey.. might have to look into that :)
its a grenade, you should know it takes more than that to make them move off from the lights... :p

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
its a grenade, you should know it takes more than that to make them move off from the lights... :p
ROFL.. Yep takes a little while longer to wind up all the rubber bands :)

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
wonder what type of oil he is using. also wonder what the oil temp is doing. if its getting to hot then the oil will thin right out and i guess it could cause oil pressure to drop cause its to thin.

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts
Truckster
when you say warranty i assume its a crd ?
The odd crd has a habbat of the litte counter sunk screws in the backing plate of the oil pump comming lose they rattel them selves out and next thing you no you have a crd grenade (lol).

Iver that or check the relife valve at the bottom of the oil pump seen a couple jam open and jam shut mostly on the di motors but
just thought i would add that maxium oil pressure of 92 psi is reached at 3300 rpm so when he says he is losing oil pressure is he seeing a drop on is gauge or just making no more than 92 psi ? (not being a smart arse but its a qestion worth asking )
hope this helps

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers people, will pass on the info.

Warranty - used car. 2006 grenade.

From what the dealer working on it told him, it is physically losing pressure - enough for the warning light to come on, and they have removed the donk.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,541 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Give it an oil change and new filter. Maybe new sender if not already. If Pain persists see your doctor.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From him:

On of the internal gears had lost some teeth ???? This caused the pump to be less efficient, and when the RPM got to 3000, it didn't cope.

Nissan have assured me that they have gotten all of the shards out (not sure on how many teeth were missing). They will get the part and it should be back on the road early / mid next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts