Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys a while a go I fitted a set of 3.5in suspension stuff flexi coils and when going around a corner even at low speeds the wagon seems to have a fair amount of body roll. the lift it had in it when I got it was 5in front and 6in rear and that had body roll to but I would of thought that was more due to the height and would of thought that the 3.5 would be a bit better but is this cause due to them been flexi coils?

it has a rear sway bar that I still need to adjust to suit the new lift but has no front sway bars. could this also cause it?

cheers JC

·
Registered
nissan
885 Posts
It's the coils, not necessarily because they're a flexi coil, just that the spring rates and crossover between rates doesn't suit the car.

The taller coils like your old ones are often higher spring rates to help control the body.

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Flexi coils from suspension stuff are s#!t. I have 4 inch in my gq, can't wait to get rid of them. I'm going to superior coils, some good threads on here about them

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm interesting cheers guys yeah its not really phasing me to much I was just curious haha.

cheers guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts