Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the last service Nissan noted that my "R/H/F lower control arm bush is starting to crack". Now the questions I have are,

- Is just a factory rubber unit the best for these (lasted 180thou) or aftermarket nolathane ones better?
- I plan on a 2 inch lift in the first half of next year, would standard replacements be ok or better to use something different/aftermarket more suited to a 2 inch lift?

Sorry for the newbie type questions, I'm used to simple Crappydore suspension!

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts
At the last service Nissan noted that my "R/H/F lower control arm bush is starting to crack". Now the questions I have are,

- Is just a factory rubber unit the best for these (lasted 180thou) or aftermarket nolathane ones better?
- I plan on a 2 inch lift in the first half of next year, would standard replacements be ok or better to use something different/aftermarket more suited to a 2 inch lift?

Hi CamoSS,
Rubber is best for these bushes, like you mentioned it lasted 180xxx already, 2" lift on a Patrol generally dont need caster, however they can all be different, If you want to play it on the safe side you can do 2 degree Rubber caster correction now, however you may find some ill effects of having to much caster without your new lift.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Troy

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Troy. I might climb under and see how bad it is and if it can make it to lift time or not so I can do it all at once. Will go with the caster correction jobbies too I think.

Cheers, Cam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts