Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Got a buggered bush on a lower control arm. I could replace the bushes ($95 a set on ebay), but if doing it myself wondering how hard the bushes are to get out....
If I would get it done I might as well replace the whole arms for stronger ones ($295 a set) and do it myself.
Any tips? How would I got about pulling them off? Do I need to brace anything temporarily or not? 1 side at a time?
Cheers,
Maarten

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Maarten, for that sort of noney I would do the HD arms. THe bushes can be hard to get out, I replaced some on the radius arms took about 12 tonne of prtessure to get them out. Also 1 benefit is, if you have a lift you can get longer arms to realign everything. Chock the wheels and do 1 at a time you should not have too many problems.

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Two Up,
Road Runner does 2 heavy duty arms for $220 incl postage... Can go wrong I guess!
Should I jack the body up or the diff if changing them?
Cheers,
Maarten

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
No real need to chock or jack anything. Just flat ground ad havethe handbrake on. Undo all bolts before removing one side then do the other. Once both are back in shak the cr p out of the car. Then redo all the bolts up.
IMO go arms. After the hassles I went thru with folding mine up I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. And all I had to do to prevent was a set of heavy duty arms. Cost me a couple of grand.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Another vote for strengthened arms. You won't regret the money when you watch somebody else bend a lower arm.

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the arms delivered today.... 11 mm longer for the 2" lift, was to late to regard the last comment so hope the 11 mm will be ok!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Got the arms delivered today.... 11 mm longer for the 2" lift, was to late to regard the last comment so hope the 11 mm will be ok!
Cheers!
Sorry if I made you worry. I (wrongly) assumed that someone was suggesting the +16mm ones which would increase your wheelbase a fair bit on a 2" lift.
Yours will increase it by less than .4" over standard and I'm sure they have been made that way to sort out pinion angles for your particular lift.
Sorry for confusion (I did mine with upper arms).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts