Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Ive just bought a 95' patrol and need some advice if anyone can help. The car has been converted to duel fuel with the tank under the car, the 3rd row of seating has been removed and a mod plate put on for the now 5 seats only, Ive bought the 3rd row seat and have everything lined up to put it in, then someone said that i might not be able to because of the LPG tank under the third seat. Has anyone had this same problem? im thinking that maybe when he got the LPG installed he had to get a RWC and had to get a mod plate then or maybe it is that i cant have a third row, If anyone can help please coz im due to pick it up first thing tomorrow and i have to have a 7 seater.

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
I own 2 GQ patrols that are both on gas and both had 3rd row seats when i bought them - so no issues at all putting it back in.
the bolts arent that long anyway and wont go near the LPG tank.

Dont know why it has a mod plate for 5 seats as mine have both passed a RWC with 5 seats and no mod plates.
Anyway, the seat will bolt back in without any issues.

·
Registered
259 Posts
As an authorized LPG installer/repairer, I can tell you there is no reason why you can't put the 3rd row back in.

As an approved inspector (QLD) I can tell you that you need to remove the mod plate and have the rego changed to show the seating capacity as 7.

·
Registered
422 Posts
As an authorized LPG installer/repairer, I can tell you there is no reason why you can't put the 3rd row back in.

As an approved inspector (QLD) I can tell you that you need to remove the mod plate and have the rego changed to show the seating capacity as 7.
Dosen't he need to have it blue plate back to 7 seats? Then take the document into the transport Dept for them to process.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dosen't he need to have it blue plate back to 7 seats? Then take the document into the transport Dept for them to process.

What for. he is reversing a mod and taking the car back to how it was originally complied by nissan, the original compliance plate says 7 seats. . put the seats in take the plate off and tell trans dept.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What for. he is reversing a mod and taking the car back to how it was originally complied by nissan, the original compliance plate says 7 seats. . put the seats in take the plate off and tell trans dept.
I hear what you are saying, but having dealt with Qld transport on many occasions, I would be amazed if the girl/guy on the counter just changes it for you without some form of documentation.

I could be wrong, but worth a phone call before waiting in a queue for ages then finding out.

Interested in hearing the outcome...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help guys, I picked my beast up today and just love it (after stalling on the highway playing with the duel fuel) Awsome car. I will be battling...i mean ringing the Dept of Transport monday morning and ill figure it all out and let you guys know. Im thinking along the same lines that if its factory from nissan why cant i take the plate off but then since when does the dept of T ever make sence.

On a new note, does anyone have power problems, I mean I know they are a big car but seriously the snail that passed me when i was taking off seemed like a speed demon. Is this normal or should i get it cheaked?

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Im sure that once a mod plate is fitted ,you cant just remove them cause you feel like it
An authorised inspector will tell you the correct procedure regarding this seating alteration
The desk jockies at main roads in QLD now dont even inspect cars at rego time ,the onus is on the vehicle owner as to whats right or wrong

A 95 patrol , would be a carb version ???
Why it runs slowish depends how its been set up to run
Wether for the LPG efficently, or not ???
They werent the fasted kid on the block when new
Remember they do wieght near 3 tonne,nearly 2 commonwhores

·
Registered
259 Posts
Im sure that once a mod plate is fitted ,you cant just remove them cause you feel like it
An authorised inspector will tell you the correct procedure regarding this seating alteration
The desk jockies at main roads in QLD now dont even inspect cars at rego time ,the onus is on the vehicle owner as to whats right or wrong

A 95 patrol , would be a carb version ???
Why it runs slowish depends how its been set up to run
Wether for the LPG efficently, or not ???
They werent the fasted kid on the block when new
Remember they do wieght near 3 tonne,nearly 2 commonwhores
here is your answer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts