Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Having issues when I fill my LPG tank on my shorty. Fills up fine, but once it's full and the nozzle auto flicks off, gas spews out the side of the nozzle and I have to hit the auto shut off button.

It's gonna get old real fast, first time it happened was the first time I filled up the LPG, today I did it again and had someone else with me to make sure I wasn't being special.. but nope.

Not cross threaded, nozzle put on correctly.

Obviously will get it fixed, but any ideas before the gas mechanic opens again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Could be dicky seat at the filler point get a piece of wood and some thick rubber gloves so you don’t get freeze burned and givcentre bit a couple of quick pushes in may not be seating all the time

·
Registered
2013 Patrol Y61 DX EX Telstra service body
104 Posts
It will most likely be the spring behind your valve at the connection point. There is another valve at the tank so it will only release the lpg in the pipe from the valve at the connection point to the valve at the tank. I would think your lpg mechanic will require your tank to be MT for him to be able to do the repair, not real expensive if I remember correctly. I used to have a servo & have only seen it a few times. doc_jones may also be correct as above as I have seen that as well but that can also be corrected by pulling the hand piece on and off quickly but you will be adding to your fuel bill this way. Good luck & let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yep should be two valves between the gun amd the contents of the cylinder. Unless you direct fill into the cylinder.

Should be a one way valve on the cylinder. Then the full point also has a spring loaded one way valve.

Sometimes you will be luck and they just get abit of crap under the seat. We carry a pool cue on the fire truck to give them a little tap to blow the crap out.

Depending on how far the fill point is from the cylinder. They can hold lots of liquid gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts