Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LPG gas lines near exhaust...?

Just had my Beaudesert 2.75” system fitted and keen as to pick it up tomorrow and see how she goes!

Question: the mechanic let me know that the gas lines for the LPG seem to be a bit close to the exhaust, so he’s turned off the gas until I can get it checked by my LPG mechanic.

Does anyone know anything about how close they can/should be?

·
Registered
nissan
6,730 Posts
No idea but I know my tail pipe runs awful darn close to my fuel tank and nobody is concerned about it so I don't know why it is any different for gas.

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
663 Posts
As long as it isn't zip tied to the exhaust you'll be right haha.

Surely it isn't running next to it for the whole run of pipe/exhaust. You can probably make up some sort of heat shielding where it is close. Best getting it checked though, it might be a bit closer now being a larger diameter exhaust, but if it was fitted where it is with the factory exhaust I can't see it being too much of a drama.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it was fitted where it is with the factory exhaust I can't see it being too much of a drama.
that was my first thought to be honest, surely it can’t be that bad if the old pipe was already there? However the old pipe was heat shielded while the new one isn’t?

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
As far as I know there must be a heat shield between the exhaust and the gas system, lines, fittings and tank if they are closer than a certain distance. So possibly if the exhaust had a heat shield rather than the gas lines then the new one also needs a heat shield on the exhaust or on the line where it passes the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts