Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you blokes with dual fuel go for gas when out and about in the bush/outback??

I just had a quick look at the LPG locator, and basically none off the beatin track.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Yeah, across the nullabor its all good, in actual fact you could probably make it all round aus on highway 1 with LPG. Gets very sketchy towards the centre. Leonora and laverton have lpg, but towns like wiluna further north have pet/diesel only.

If you are going to take a trip to the eastern side of WA border bank on petrol only.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
rogue I was refer to the OP's duel fuel situation re LPG, yes there is diesel in every station.

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it looks like if you stick to the tar, no problems.:sad:

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Interesting about LPG across the Nullabor, didnt think it would be available. Makes getting that duel fuel car from Adelaide i was looking at a lot better.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
One of the reasons I sold my EFI... fuel logistics for a dual fueller are an absolute PIA in W.A. if you have any desire to get "out there".

Not saying it's not doable but you are forever dragged back to snivellingisation for LPG and don't forget your platinum visa to pay for it.

·
Registered
nissan
863 Posts
What I love about my duel-fuel is when we run out of LPG, we can just switch over to petrol, my advice is if you buy a second-hand car on LPG (especially for touring/ 4wd) check that can run smoothly on petrol for those times when LPG is unavailable.
It's like just like having a sub-tank.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
What I love about my duel-fuel is when we run out of LPG, we can just switch over to petrol, my advice is if you buy a second-hand car on LPG (especially for touring/ 4wd) check that can run smoothly on petrol for those times when LPG is unavailable.
It's like just like having a sub-tank.
Yeah... an empty one :sad:

LPG availabilty (or lack of) is a real issue in a lot of WA and western SA too i reckon. CSR, Great Central, East of Esperance or just going the back way from Carnarvon to Newman via Kennedy Ranges etc means running on lots of ULP Jerries

I used to have to carry 80 litres of ULP almost every trip and still limit the exploring a couple of occasions. Now I have the ZD30 I've carried 40 litres in jerries once

Def not an issue if you stay close to the big towns tho I'll certainly grant you that

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
back in 08 did a trip across the simmo, and round outback oz in a dual fuel 4.5 patrol towing a camper trailer. Solution, we took 7 jerries on the trailer! Problem solved

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought mine for mainly a work bus, but may want to head up bush sometime.
No dramas as an everyday worky, but dont really want to carry heaps of jerries around.

Diesel repower is an option, but cost then comes into it.

Sounds like a future project :coffeeti:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts