Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3 4.8
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, current my 4.8 is on old Ring LPG system with 10 year inspection due at 2012. I am thinking of putting in injection gas system, the Vapour sequential system.

How much did it cost to have yours put in for the 4.8 GU3? How was it? I hear its heaps better than the old ring system and also help minimise valve damages..

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Hi,
Although I have a 4.5, I got the ELKO vapour injected system with a flash lube system installed. Although I'd recommend to steer clear of ELKO (had/have issues with the system, faulty injector block, , many installers can't tune it, bad after sales support) it drives great. I test drove some GU's on the "regular" system, and this is much better. I had mine installed by TeamGreen Autogas in Brisbane for $4400 incl. flash lube. Take the $1750 rebate off and it cost me $2650....

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
I've got a Sprint gas system with flash lube, i haven't had any problems so far. (only 20k). I like the system because it runs off the computers and can automatically add fuel when on gas when i need more power. I went with Sprint gas because plenty of places can service them. With a 75L subtank and injected gas system, cost 4k after rebate in dec 09. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts