Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have found a complete LS6 for a nice price but am unsure how useable it is. Now I know this is probably the wrong forum for it but, does anyone know if the LS1s and LS6s have the same external dimensions (block heads and intake manifold)?

And if you say, why not get a Ford, I WILL hunt you down and bitch slap you. :mad::D

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
The LS1 was an evolution of the earlier LT small-block V8 (and is almost identical to the LT4 except for its aluminum construction). It is an all-aluminum 5.7 liter (5665 cc) pushrod engine and produces 350 hp (261 kW) and 375 ft.lbf (508 Nm) of torque. It shares its block with the higher-output LS6. The LS1 was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 1998.
It is used in the following vehicles:

LS6

The LS6 is a higher-output version of Chevrolet's small-block LS1 engine. It is an all-aluminum 5.7 liter (5665 cc) pushrod engine and produces 405 hp (302 kW) and 400 ft.lbf (542 Nm) of torque. It is used in the high-performance C5 Corvette Z06 model and the Cadillac CTS V-Series. The C6 Corvette Z06 will get a new LS7.
The LS6 shares its block with the GM LS1 engine, but other changes were made. Improved intake, a titanium exhaust, higher-lift cams, and higher compression boosts output, and a new oiling system is better suited to high lateral acceleration.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEAH!!!!! Looks like I may be making an investment in Awsomeness!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This would be for a BMW e36 M3, its something I have been wanting to do for a while. You can get looms to suit from the states pretty cheap.

I cream my pants at the thought of a 405-500HP 1.5t perfectly balanced BMW. Thrashing that thing through the mountains or on a track with the rumble of a big V8!!! HEAVEN!!!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why you little.....

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its just a practice for the Duramax conversion, Im keen for that but as it is not exactly a common conversion, I wanted to practice on something proven and work out how the engineering process in Vic goes, plus its more expensive to do a Duramax conversion and you still can't go around a corner faster. :D

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
what? thought you found somebody to challenge you at the lights??;)

pick on someone your own size. . . . say. . . heath;)

Ha ha, I just love the ls series motors, I actually came very close to putting one in before I bought the duramax.

And I don't think anyone has a chance against heath not in patrol world anyway.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
I don't think anyone has a chance against heath not in patrol world anyway.
Diesel. . . no. . probably not. . . but petrol. . . Ohhh yes!:p he would have his cute little patooki spanked into next week by a properly built tb48 with the works:D. let alone modded v8's.:eek:

Still awesome for a diesel. -and mind blowing.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Diesel. . . no. . probably not. . . but petrol. . . Ohhh yes!:p he would have his cute little patooki spanked into next week by a properly built tb48 with the works:D. let alone modded v8's.:eek:

I would love to see some races in Australia!!

Oh, god, that would be amazing.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
I would love to see some races in Australia!!

Oh, god, that would be amazing.
Im seriously thinking of getting a GUIV 4.8 manual wagon and "doing it up a bit" id love to do a duramax though. and i cant do both.:(

it will be one or the other.:p

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts

Hmmm I don't know about that he's going for around 1000 whp and i think that's going to be at all 4 wheels not too mention the torque that would be just unmeasurable, not too sure though he might be reading this and confirm that for me

I don't think there's many 4.8s that can put down power like that

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
Hmmm I don't know about that he's going for around 1000 whp

I don't think there's many 4.8s that can put down power like that
Put it like this. . . its easily possible to extract more than that from a rb26 thats built well. a tb48 is essentially a great stonkin' rb26. similar in a lot of ways. even supras 2jz kicks out nearly 2000hp without to much fuss.

i can see 3000hp coming out of a tb48. -5.15 stroker kit. . and a built, -custom everything engine, turbo, nitrous, you have a 5+L that rev's like F1 car but with a lot more displacement and twice the strength.

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
Put it like this. . . its easily possible to extract more than that from a rb26 thats built well. a tb48 is essentially a great stonkin' rb26. similar in a lot of ways. eve

n supras 2jz kicks out nearly 2000hp without to much fuss.

i can see 3000hp coming out of a tb48. -5.15 stroker kit. . and a built, -custom everything engine, turbo, nitrous, you have a 5+L that rev's like F1 car but with a lot more displacement and twice the strength.

Wow, I didn't realise you could get that much power out of a 2j, must be living under a rock. I wonder what the highest HP tb48 there is out there.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I doubt the bottom end in a TB48 could rev to 10k, through the sound barrier multiple times and maintain reasonable crank harmonics to develop that much power.....

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
Wow, I didn't realise you could get that much power out of a 2jz
look up the "boost logic supra". . . they are running around 7.5 down the quarter in full standard bodies. thats not a dyno car. . .so its only got 1700hp

it seems to work best to have about 1500 to 1800hp in a full body supra to get reliable quarter times. so thats what they run. . . can get way more. . . like they do in the funnycars.

Attachments

·
85kw of Brute Strength
nissan patrol
829 Posts
Hi All,
I have found a complete LS6 for a nice price but am unsure how useable it is. Now I know this is probably the wrong forum for it but, does anyone know if the LS1s and LS6s have the same external dimensions (block heads and intake manifold)?

And if you say, why not get a Ford, I WILL hunt you down and bitch slap you. :mad::D

na you keep your gay GM product for the poofy Beemer

Ford engines are way to tuff

it'll be a GayMansWheeels

1 - 20 of 20 Posts