Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a coustom cut down dual cab gq that i am keen on doing a engine swap with i want to know what sort of price ill be looking at if i put a ls1 in it not only the engine and conversion kit but the regestration and labour and all that and too the people that have done it where you happy with how it performs offroad ? and are they a reliable strong engine that can hack some tough driving? cheers all advice will be very appreciated:D Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Off-roading

·
Registered
nissan gq ti patrol
61 Posts
over here in wa your looking at 17-20 grand all done drive in drive out

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I got a rough price of around $10k. That was for a brand new crate motor and adaptor kit from Marks. Thats also me fitting it and no engineer cert. Have you considered an XR6T? Cheaper an (more??) power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers i havent looked at the xr6 turbo how much is that conversion worth?are there kits avalible for that ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I know Dellow make conversion kits to suit Ford engines, but not exactly sure what engines. I also heard that you throw away half of the Dellow kits because they are crap, so it might pay to do plenty of research.
There was a thread just the other day about doing and XR6 conversion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i know someone who just did a LS2 and was 20k drive in drive out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts