Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I would like to know is the power from both conversions, and if any one can give some info on fuel consumtion and price to do convertion in to a GQ/GU.

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
I just finished an LS1 turbo conversion into my GQ shorty...... Did everything myself and it still cost over $8000

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
These 'how much will it cost' questions are almost impossible to answer. its always more than you think, there are always suprises, unless you get a 100% written quote which will allow for 'suprises' thus be over the top price.

How many variables do you want to throw up?
Auto/manual?
What size tyres?
What size/brand turbo?
What intercooler?
How much work you doing yourself?
New engines or used or reco?
You supplying the running gear? or the fitter is?
What 50 other variables there are?

Theres a 1000hp turbo 4.8 on Youtube. THE REAL JDM

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
$2000 for engine with computer and loom, $4000 for the LS1 conversion kit, $2000ish for other crap.

It's pretty nuts though, i love it!

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Nah not yet.... I had to go back to work to pay for my habit :p

From what i can gather it should make around 350rwkw with the stock engine......... It already lifts the wheels on the street without a tune.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
was a TB48 complete conversion on Ebay week or two ago, think it was $4,000 none turbo one, but from what I read it had everything needed to slip it in and get it running into GQ bar some minor wiring changes needed, by that and bolt a turbo set up on it , should come well under $7,000

tbh if i was choosing it would be a hard choice that's for sure both are very good engines and strong as, but standard none boosted LS1 V a turbo TB48 I would be going the TB48-T

like Trucksteer said way to hard to give anything even close to accurate, old say applies to these type thing what ever your budget is double it

and don't for get once engine is in and running still have tuning , engineering, bug fixing, the list go's on

·
Registered
Nissan
260 Posts
Nah not yet.... I had to go back to work to pay for my habit :p

From what i can gather it should make around 350rwkw with the stock engine......... It already lifts the wheels on the street without a tune.

What turbo/turbos?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts