Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put a lsd in the back of the trol and seems to be limited slip on only one side???

i jack the left rear wheel of the ground (right wheel still on ground) and it spins freely. i jack the right wheel of the ground (left down) and it doesn't spin??

Theres something wrong here isn't there?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
51 Posts
it may need to be reshimmed which u can get on ebay for cheap or buy some engine flush and drain out some diff oil and add 150ml and run it for 5000ks then dump your oil and replace with new diff oil.the clutch plates get full of crap and prevent the LSD working proply.if they are really dirty u may need to do it more than once.hope this helps

·
Banned
682 Posts
As he said, Mine was playing up and I flushed it out and changed oil and now life is good. The shim idea is good cause it will be nearly as good as a locker.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
i recently put a lsd in the back of the trol and seems to be limited slip on only one side???
That means its not working as a LSD, but don't all MKs have LSD as standard??
or is yours an MQ??

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
not all are lsd, i think all turbo models did. and the others where options.

I sold some shims to someone on here, he said it was so tight it would chirp the tyres going round a corner...... So if you don't want to wear your tyres out i would not do it.

In saying that if you could get some shims maybe half what standard shims are it would prob bring it back to a little better then new. maybe machine the standard ones down????

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its an mq.. i have changed the oil in it the other night so we'll see if it flushes it a little..

have any of you guys shimmed up a diff before???

i had the rear welded before the lsd so i dont mind if it chirps a little around corners :)

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
13 Posts
I'd like to do this mod, but I can't seem to find a dealer that will ship parts to Japan or the US... I might have a guy that can make them if I could get the dimensions.

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
I'd like to do this mod, but I can't seem to find a dealer that will ship parts to Japan or the US... I might have a guy that can make them if I could get the dimensions.
what parts are required and how heavy are they? Too much weight will make it quite costly. PM me and I will help you out if its not too hard to organise.

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any more info on adding shims to the LSD? i took it out to some tracks last night and and it spun 2 wheels a fair bit so i figure its wiggled itself back into play with the oil change.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
13 Posts
what parts are required and how heavy are they? Too much weight will make it quite costly. PM me and I will help you out if its not too hard to organise.
I contacted the ebay guy and he is shipping me 4 shims @ $9.99 ea, shipping was $22, but if it works, it is well worth it.

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
I had ****ed thrust washers in the sides of my LSD, which made it just like an open diff (thought it was an open diff until I pulled it to pieces). Would pay to check them when you add your extra shims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts