Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys, i had a thread up before but seems to have got deleted or something :headwall: so i guess ill start again while i got time...

bit of a poser so expect lots of photos :p

Anyway when i picked the car up she was a minta 5speed diesel, 400k on the clock which i was a bit worried about but after reading around seems most are around that and im pretty sure i got it for a steal of a price for the price i have seen some

anyway hes some pics!

When i first got her, had to do the first poser shot :p

First 4x4 at a track near blanchtown, even for stock performed awesome!

Had a bit of damage, destroyed the crappy alo side steps.

Once i got it back i had to get my 3" lift in! So sussed Big 'o' 4x4 and ended up getting it fromn him. great bloke and only set me back $1095.

Few pics from putting it in, for being a complete n00b when it comes to this i think me and my mate did very well :p :cool:

As soon as the lift was in i moved quickly and picked up 6 33" toyo Mtz.

Got them very cheap and im very happy with how they have performed! fairly quiet on road but grip very well in mud!

Pics in next post

Anyway thats all for now... would love and ideas u dudes have as thats what i signed up for!

-Lucas

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More crap :p

So heres the poser shots i was speaking of! with the 33's and 3" lift.

quite happy with the car now! dosent look to over the top since i gotta daily it to work :p

but my next few things i wont are

-Snorkel (should be in this week)
-Lightforce (Purchased just gotta get off my ass to install)
-Get the steering rack checked for a very heavy knocking noise
-Suss why the clutch fluid is running out every 2nd week
-Rock sliders

thats all i can afford now then ill make a custom bar and sliders i recon

cheers

-Lucas

·
Registered
nissan patrol
503 Posts
Very nice truck, how u find the dobinson springs?

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Killer truck mate, im interested in that same kit, any chance you could chuck up a couple more photos side on?
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
91 patrol- This is my first ever lift in a patrol but compared to my 4runner these are great! the flex awesome but still stable on road.

Mudpig- Yeah for sure dont have many pics if u really wont i can get some tomorrow. Im enjoying the height. Its high enough for me to go alot of places but dosent look too out of the ordinary.

Pics

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That last pic ^^ was from a morgan trip me and a mate did! heaps of fun... few more pics

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
ohh thanks heaps mate, she looks tough as.
will definitely be keeping tuned to your thread, keep it up

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
nice rig mate keep up on the good work.
i know those tyres.lol. u were quicker than me. early bird catches the worm...good buy.
enjoy the beast

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So im away for work this week so cant get my Adj panhards :/

But instead im sending it down to my local to get the snorkel installed, was gonna do it myself but got a quote for 150 and couldnt turn it down.

Going to loveday this weekend :p so hopefully find out what i need to fix next.

-Lucas

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Well if u won't I'm pretty keen To swap the rims if u won't? I'm thinking black :p
lol nah thats cool man im gonna get some dynamic 16x8 -24 just got too find the cash.lol.
being a sparky theres always work, but then i cant play . catch 22.

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed, being a boilermaker :p plenty of work interstate in the country.... no time to play!

Also catch 22 haha.

After new years mate might hit u up for a trip to crawfs?

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update

Howdy guys! bit of an update for friday before i head off to loveday with some mates.

Bought and installed my snorkel and installed my lightforce 240 blitz :D

Pics

:D pics for now.... will update from Loveday when i get the pics. Expensive trip ill leave it at that. :roll:

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loveday trip

Well after getting it towed back from bamera i gotta await for it to get here before i can suss damage :iconbana:

as far as i know im looking at

-Busted clutch
-busted clutch cylinder
-busted brake cylinder
-busted head light
-mud in front diff (due to breather coming off)

Im sure theres more :p but will wait and see.

Pics to follow.

:iconbana:

·
Registered
nissan
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers man, yeah i like it! and as for the breakages. well if u aint breakin it u aint driving it properly... stock clutch after 400,000 is pretty good if u ask me :p

ANYWAY!

Big update so been working away a **** load but really wonna get the car back on the road...

so i had to get the gearboxs out.. what a pain that was! there are barley any tuttorials on line so i just had to wing it thanks to the patrol 'bible' seriously everyone should get this book, so handy.

So i got the gearbox of and the clutch was melted to the fly wheel! :bigthumb: had to get my hammer and chisel to get it off so i might be in need of a new fly wheel as well! will have to take it to a place to get it sussed!

Compared to my daily :smile: Almost as big as the whole engine/gearbox/tailshaft combined :p

thats all for now till i get the clutch and install it :p

·
Registered
nissan patrol
503 Posts
go with exccedy clutch i did when mine gave the ghost at 320, burnt to nothing :)
went with exccedy heavy duty for 500 off ebay and never looked back

1 - 20 of 57 Posts