Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a letter from the shire today saying it has come to their attention that I have constructed a bike racing track and have 30 days to apply for a permit. Cost $502 for permit and if passed it can be used at certain times.

Here's the extent of my construction.
Three kids on 110cc atv's going around a flat track that has worn all the grass off, that's about it. The track is on my property rite next to my house. 270 acres. The closest neighbour is 300 metres away. This neighbour put in a complaint not from the noise but because the damage to the grass. When I read the letter I rang the shire, was told their was a complaint and new strait away who it was. I went and seen him face to face, when shown the letter he said his dealings with the shire are none of my business but he did admit it after I said "you haven't even got the fcuking ball to admit it" then he tells me what we're doing to the grass is offensive. I said look over ya shoulder nackers, there's thousands and thousands of acres being turned upside down.

Ffs I'm over jumpin through hoops and bending over just to have a bit of fun.
Somewhere along the line it always comes back to money.
I'm fcuking mad as a cut snake at the moment. Better go have a couple bundys.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,015 Posts
Had a neighbour behind me who gave me some pipe to put in our table drain on the driveway. He then complained to the Council about the illegal pipe work. I had to remove it and dump it at the tip and show the Council the receipt to prove that I had done the right thing. Roundup ice blocks on his lawn at night gave me some recourse.:p

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Get a lawyer and don't talk to anyone. Yep, it'll cost you but you can't fight City Hall by yourself.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Well I got a letter from the shire today saying it has come to their attention that I have constructed a bike racing track and have 30 days to apply for a permit. Cost $502 for permit and if passed it can be used at certain times.

Here's the extent of my construction.
Three kids on 110cc atv's going around a flat track that has worn all the grass off, that's about it. The track is on my property rite next to my house. 270 acres. The closest neighbour is 300 metres away. This neighbour put in a complaint not from the noise but because the damage to the grass. When I read the letter I rang the shire, was told their was a complaint and new strait away who it was. I went and seen him face to face, when shown the letter he said his dealings with the shire are none of my business but he did admit it after I said "you haven't even got the fcuking ball to admit it" then he tells me what we're doing to the grass is offensive. I said look over ya shoulder nackers, there's thousands and thousands of acres being turned upside down.

Ffs I'm over jumpin through hoops and bending over just to have a bit of fun.
Somewhere along the line it always comes back to money.
I'm fcuking mad as a cut snake at the moment. Better go have a couple bundys.
Uuum its your grass or your property??

Simply reply to the council there is no such track, never has been and if there ever was to be you would apply for the permit.

Ask for whom adjudicated on the complaint and discuss the matter with them - councils are not above the law and one complaint doesnt make a case.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,015 Posts
Get some spray for the Cut Worms. They can do some serious damage to your grass.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
Nothing of what you have done constitutes construction, it was kids having fun.
I'd fight that.

Otherwise I'd better start getting a permit organised for the 4wd track that I 'built' on the grass by driving from the driveway to the fkn shed.

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uuum its your grass or your property??

Simply reply to the council there is no such track, never has been and if there ever was to be you would apply for the permit.

Ask for whom adjudicated on the complaint and discuss the matter with them - councils are not above the law and one complaint doesnt make a case.
Cheers mate. Haven't been around the track for about 3 weeks so the grass has mostly grown back. I spoke to a woman from the council who sent the letter, and get this, we can ride anywhere as long as it's not round and round because that makes a track and a track is classed as inferstructer and requires a permit. This makes me more angry.

My next step is to get our 315hp john deere with the 6 metre rotary hoe on the job.
Know body will ever know there was a track there. Will be no grass either, then make new track where it can't be seen or heard.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
270 acres sounds like its zoned Rural, they shouldn't be able to pursue that at all. Your not running events or deriving an income from having people ride on your 'track', therefore it's not a track and council should prove otherwise.

Please tell me it's Shepparton City Council. We can rampage through that joint together.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts

Otherwise I'd better start getting a permit organised for the 4wd track that I 'built' on the grass by driving from the driveway to the fkn shed.
You'll better do that but remember to apply to have this illegally constructed access road reclassified as private access road. The appropriate signage, drainage, speed humps, alco guards etc. all needs to be there before approval can be granted. For a low one off fee $10,599 AUD I can arrange for all the paperwork....;)

Regards.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,657 Posts
I have a suggestion for how to deal with your neibour but it may incriminate me in the future so I had better not give away what I may hypertheticaly do to mine this weekend.

Nah Faaaaaaaark it. Make a track with Epson salt in his yard and dob him in. ;)

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
270 acres sounds like its zoned Rural, they shouldn't be able to pursue that at all. Your not running events or deriving an income from having people ride on your 'track', therefore it's not a track and council should prove otherwise.

Please tell me it's Shepparton City Council. We can rampage through that joint together.
Na mate. Baw Baw shire in gippsland. My neighbour is on the board their conveniently.
And yeah it is rural. Good points you've made there. Instead of me proving there is no track, they can prove there is a track. I said to the woman at the shire " do I need a permit for the track the cattle have made around the bail feeder" it's all so ridicules I thought that might be a legitimate question.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Tell them your just marking out a new mosque as you have converted to Islam. You never here from them again.

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
I was going to ask if you had any stock there that had made tracks to water or feed, but you already answered that

Cheers
Gav

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I would burn the f*cking c*nts house down. F*ck the C*nt.

Seriously, that would tip me off pretty bad, the c*nt wouldnt be talking or writing ever again.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
the the exhausts of the bikes and go all night
or

Have a BBQ and Invite us all around

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tell them your just marking out a new mosque as you have converted to Islam. You never here from them again.
Man if I did that I might end up with some unwanted, uninvited guest.

·
Registered
nissan
578 Posts
Yep take the exhausts off bikes and tell the fcuker you are rounding up the livestock.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu111
192 Posts
I just put plans into shire for alterations to my house .
The garage is actually a carport on their records but the drafters put it as a garage as it has a garage door when we bought it and trellice and I filled in the sides with timber and blue board instead.
Shire got knickers in a twist "I said I bet if I cross someone's palms with silver and fill in a form the problem will go away " sure enough some ink and 200bux later it okay .

******s

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Can't believe these grubs, complaining about the grass. Does that make the lawnmower a criminal?? should have us all come round for a no exhaust day. Why can't people just let kids have some fun??

Just punch him in the face.

A bad days fishing's better than a good day at work.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts