Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaking news today. This hard to believable people but another Malaysian airline plane has crashed and guess whats its another Boeing 777 so they are saying on the news here.

FLIGHT NUMBER MH 17 285 Passengers - 15 crew are confirmed missing. Malaysian airlines has just confirmed that they have just lost another plane.

A Malaysia Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has crashed in eastern Ukraine from cruise altitude, Russian news agency Interfax reported Thursday 17th of July 2014. The jet is a Boeing 777, according to Interfax. The plane reportedly went down near the border between Russia and Ukraine.

Now don't get me wrong here but this is ringing alarm bells for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
subject

This incident is making huge headlines over here this afternoon. Claims that it was shot down are among the most popular comments.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all over the news here. I've just seen the live video of the plane on CNN and its in bits all over the streets. They say it was shot down or it exploded in the air but still early days. You can not see not see any impact on the ground from the bits of plane. Looks like it just floated down to earth.

Of all them planes on you can see on Radar24 over Ukraine that were commercial at that time and all been in the same area why did the fire at that airline if they did.

·
Registered
243 Posts
subject

I agree with the explosion theory...the wreckage and bodies are spread out over a very large area...but what caused it?

I don't know how much is reported over your way, but this is the THIRD confirmed incident in the last couple of days! This is all taking place literally just up the road from me and much of what I see and read in local media would probably never be seen by you guys. I can add that the rather large facility a couple of kms away from me has been rather active for the last hour.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been watching the CIA news channel (CNN) but Al Jazeera always come up tops for the most horrific pictures. They have just aired the video of the plane hitting the ground. Its like 9/11 all over again. Why are so many people videoing the sky from so many different angles.

Since 1st of July Airport security has been really tight these last few days at every airport I have been in. This my 8th intl flight since July 1. God only knows was mayhem awaits me now at 9am on Friday.

How Malaysian airlines will recover from this one I have no idea. This pushing the envelope in regards to feeling safe with intl airline company.

Flight are been directed out Ukrainian air space and over Turkey and Bulgaria. Have look on flightradar24 there all diverting.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,278 Posts
And that's how WW3 begun...

Reactions: markb

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,172 Posts
Haven't seen anything so far. Aussie media is hitting this bloody Baden-Clay thing so hard, there's no room for any real news.

Cheers....Lionel.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Heyhey flew out of Europe yesterday for Australia, but I'm pretty sure he departed from Prague, not Amsterdam, and I know he went over on Qantas a month ago. But man I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the destination of this plane :shock:

Very sad for the families of all involved.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
flight was bound for Perth with a stopover in Kuala Lumpar

·
Registered
nissan
575 Posts
News is saying it was hit by a SAM by Russian insurgents.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,586 Posts
Heyhey flew out of Europe yesterday for Australia, but I'm pretty sure he departed from Prague, not Amsterdam, and I know he went over on Qantas a month ago. But man I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the destination of this plane :shock:

Very sad for the families of all involved.
Qantas has confirmed it didn't have any code share passengers aboard the flight MH17.A spokesman for Qantas told AAP the airline did not have a code share with that flight.'There is no change to Qantas operations as a result of the Malaysia Airlines incident,' Qantas said.The carrier does not have flight routes tracking near or over the area where MH17 went down. - See more at: Bishop confirms 27 Australians on board MH17

Reactions: Squalo

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
Apparently its still a busy route for all major airlines, pretty arrogant/complacent attitude if you ask me.
Its not unusual for airlines to run routes over low conflict zones - and especially as its at an altitude which is immediately recognisable as a commercial air corridor

and a trained operator would have worked out that it was a civilian overflight as their track management system can overlay commercial flights

apart from the fact that a military operator would have requested authority to shoot.

the question is whether the russians provided trained operators on that Buk SAM system - as its not like pulling the trigger on an RPG

http://www.wlg.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/10282595/MH17-Its-normal-to-fly-over-conflict-zones

there are some technical innaccuracies in this article - but generally speaking its accurate. (ie its incorrect re the ability for mil systems to see civlian aircraft)

edit

IATA have confirmed that the aircraft was flying in declared safe space

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It is sad day for all on board incl 27 Aussies, now the blame game continues. The phone calls that were intercepted were chilling if they are real.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I have this on my desk as a reminder of the last time.

Photobucket 'edit' isn't working so the pic is a bit rough. Couldn't be bothered editing it on my computer ... too damn lazy.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts