Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my malfunction indicator light has come on twice and then the motor will not rev over 3000 rpm. After a while the light goes off and the motor runs fine. Has anyone experienced this before or can advise me where to start looking for the problem....Thanks LA

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Probably a sensor right on the limit hence coming and going. Really need someone to plug in and find the code. Where you at?

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Mate are you in luck! I've got a cable and software for a 4.8 and only in Surrey Hills. When you free? Either tomorrow arvo before a beer or Sat morning suits me.

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats great thanks mate.....Sat morning would be best as i work in the CBD.
Do you want to send me a private message with address details etc.....Cheers...LA

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
I first had the engine light come on a few weeks ago in Laverton, WA, after crossing the Anne Beadell. Had it checked and the code showed number 1 cylinder misfiring, but the engine was running smoothly. Cleared the code and headed into the Gibson. Since then the light has come on and off at various stages. Had it checked again at the Nissan Dealer back home where it is serviced, same result, engine still running smooth. Light still comes on from time to time and goes off again after a while.

Thinking is that it might be a spark plug or coil in early stages of breakdown. It is a dual fuel set up and will get it checked fully when it goes in for a tune in a couple of months.

Regards :)

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Mine did it a few times. Would come on - then eventually reset itself.
Turned out to be the TPS.
Ended up getting a second hand one as didn't want to shell out over $1,000 from Nissan.
Fixed the fault.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Mine did it a few times. Would come on - then eventually reset itself.
Turned out to be the TPS.
Ended up getting a second hand one as didn't want to shell out over $1,000 from Nissan.
Fixed the fault.
Well we got several codes out it had logged. One appears to be the TPS. We'll have to wait and see what he comes up with after looking into it more. Good thing is all codes were clearable. But may have come back. He'll keep us updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts