Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, I know the info I’m after is here some where! I have read it before but i just can’t seem to find it now.

All I wanted to know is which Mamba is the one to purchase? I’m going 18g/6cm, but which wheel config? Looking to purchase it off eBay if any one has the link?
Cheers Jon.

·
Registered
nissan
6,067 Posts
All the Mamba units seem to use billet wheels now which is good but don't expect one wheel to make a big difference over another. I have an 11 blade GTX style wheel and I'm not unhappy with it but if I was doing it again I think I'd go for a 6+6 wheel but as I said, it doesn't really matter as testified by JFF45 here.

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the Mamba units seem to use billet wheels now which is good but don't expect one wheel to make a big difference over another. I have an 11 blade GTX style wheel and I'm not unhappy with it but if I was doing it again I think I'd go for a 6+6 wheel but as I said, it doesn't really matter as testified by JFF45 here.

Is this the one to get? I’m after oil cooled only . Says if fitting on a GQ I need GQ fitting kit. I am using a GU manifold & I want to try & pick up the oil supply from inbetween the engine mount so this kit should do? I’m just not up to date on what wheel is what. It says 6+6 but 12 blade rear?

·
Registered
nissan
6,067 Posts
Is the engine already turboed? That kit you've linked doesn't have an oil drain connection but if there is already one on your block/sump it won't mater.

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the engine already turboed? That kit you've linked doesn't have an oil drain connection but if there is already one on your block/sump it won't mater.
Nah mines N/A. All I need is a fitting welded into the sump? Then this kit will suffice?

·
Registered
nissan
6,067 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would probably not use a bolt on kit if I was changing an N/A to turbo as you will need to obtain a bolt on dump. I'd probably go with a V-ring outlet. Give me a few minutes to have a look through ebay and I'll suggest a kit.
The exhaust I’m getting bolts up to the ht18. It includes 3” dump. I had one on my gu & it fitted perfectly. He supply’s the exact same exhaust to suit GQ with gu manifold & ht18, so it should all work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts