1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Did anyone had this problem:
twice in 8 months, manifold deformed - garage suspects chip is causing it since EGT is higher then normal...
must say, right engine support was torn..

now i disconnected the chip but miss it a lot...hate the boot-fall every time i need the power...
it is a 2008 CRD Auto, over 3 tons...

Joy

Attachments

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
When they pulled the manifold off the first time was it machined or did they just fit a new manifold gasket.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
manifold

They did a good job, machined it and replaced some of the studs as well...

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
Why only some of the studs? Was it the new studs that went again or another area?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Joy, one of our members DieselTuner recommends the exhaust manifold studs all be replaced by Wurth items.

The problem is caused by the far higher EGTs that the CRD ZD30 operates at, the manifold warps and stretches the studs. It appears the Wurth studs will not (or are unlikely to) stretch.

Reactions: joy

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Joy, one of our members DieselTuner recommends the exhaust manifold studs all be replaced by Wurth items.

The problem is caused by the far higher EGTs that the CRD ZD30 operates at, the manifold warps and stretches the studs. It appears the Wurth studs will not (or are unlikely to) stretch.
If the budget can stretch you can use Inconel studs that have been available for a while.
They will not ever stretch or break again. But about $75 for a set of 4. (Cheap in my opinion compared to having to do another manifold in 2 years time or less)

·
Registered
nissan
149 Posts
HI DieselTuner,

The Inconel studs you recommend - are you able to advise a supplier & description / part number?

Many thanks
Guido

1 - 9 of 9 Posts