Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking around for a manual boost controller and it seems there are near endless options around ranging from $20 for a rubbish looking eBay special to well over $100.
I have seen a few Turbosmart Boost Tee's for $80ish, apparently they will do 0-30psi, which is more than enough for me as I'll only be going to 10psi or so for now.

Does anyone have any particular recommendations?
I imagine a few people here would have the Turbosmart boost tee's, how do you rate them? Do they hold boost okay? Any boost spikes? How often do they need adjustment to maintain correct boost level?

Cheers.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
hey mate. i run a $60 drift branded one (got it from autobarn) in my rally car. i run 10psi and it holds boost well, haven't noticed any creep yet and the tuner had no dramas with it. only problem i had is it comes with a flimsy bracket so had to zip tie it up a bit

·
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the input guys!

DT: is the ball and spring removal to stop the internal gate opening before the waste gate?

I like the look of the Mungrel, its nice and compact.

·
Registered
nissan
2,863 Posts
Cheers for the input guys!

DT: is the ball and spring removal to stop the internal gate opening before the waste gate?

I like the look of the Mungrel, its nice and compact.
It really is, and to firmly mount it, just get a "P" clip and find somewhere to bolt it.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
I am looking around for a manual boost controller and it seems there are near endless options around ranging from $20 for a rubbish looking eBay special to well over $100.
I have seen a few Turbosmart Boost Tee's for $80ish, apparently they will do 0-30psi, which is more than enough for me as I'll only be going to 10psi or so for now.

Does anyone have any particular recommendations?
I imagine a few people here would have the Turbosmart boost tee's, how do you rate them? Do they hold boost okay? Any boost spikes? How often do they need adjustment to maintain correct boost level?

Cheers.
Where did you read Turbosmart are only good for 30psi ?

·
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you read Turbosmart are only good for 30psi ?
Sorry that was my mistake, I thought I read that about the Turbosmart, but I can't find where so it must have been a different product.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found a Turbotech for $35, so I'll grab that. Mungrel and 1TUFFGQ seem happy, they're compact and cheap. Seems like a win-win to me.

Thanks again guys.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
I just bought a turbotech controller for 35 bucks. Sick of only hitting 9 and a half psi. Gotta get more out of it.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
I took the hose off and got 14 and a half real quick haha had to back off.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
This worked held it at 12 with a bit of mucking around lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts