Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Manual boost controllers.

5K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  simmoevo 
#1 ·
I am looking around for a manual boost controller and it seems there are near endless options around ranging from $20 for a rubbish looking eBay special to well over $100.
I have seen a few Turbosmart Boost Tee's for $80ish, apparently they will do 0-30psi, which is more than enough for me as I'll only be going to 10psi or so for now.

Does anyone have any particular recommendations?
I imagine a few people here would have the Turbosmart boost tee's, how do you rate them? Do they hold boost okay? Any boost spikes? How often do they need adjustment to maintain correct boost level?

Cheers.

#2 ·
hey mate. i run a $60 drift branded one (got it from autobarn) in my rally car. i run 10psi and it holds boost well, haven't noticed any creep yet and the tuner had no dramas with it. only problem i had is it comes with a flimsy bracket so had to zip tie it up a bit

#5 ·
Cheers for the input guys!

DT: is the ball and spring removal to stop the internal gate opening before the waste gate?

I like the look of the Mungrel, its nice and compact.

#7 ·
It really is, and to firmly mount it, just get a "P" clip and find somewhere to bolt it.

#13 ·
Sorry that was my mistake, I thought I read that about the Turbosmart, but I can't find where so it must have been a different product.

#14 ·
Found a Turbotech for $35, so I'll grab that. Mungrel and 1TUFFGQ seem happy, they're compact and cheap. Seems like a win-win to me.

Thanks again guys.

#22 ·
Lol i gotta say chopped, if i were broken down in the middle of the sticks, I'd sooner call you to fix my car than any factory qualified mechanic.

It may not be pretty, but I reckon you'd get it fixed one way or another lol.

#24 ·
You should go work for the engineering dept.
You'd probably halve the cost of building a car. Probably be much easier to fix too.

Reactions: Beerhunter
#28 ·
Mine turned up today, very quick postage as it was shipped yesterday.

Wound the boost up to 10psi, boost is holding steady. It was easy to fit and easy to adjust.
Turning the fuel up has given it a bit of a kick in the ass too :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.