Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, great site! I read more than I post and has a great help.
Quick question, I have a 94 nissan patrol td42 automatic long wheel base, I'm just wondering if a tb42 manual conversion can be used in a td42 and if it will work or I need to find another td42 to do the conversion?
Thanks heaps

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
the tb42 and the td42 have the same gearbox however the bellhousing is different.

Based on that i think you could swap the bellhousing from the auto to the manual however sombody can correct me if im wrong

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
bellhousing and starter motor is different between tb42 & td42

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Other than the starter bolt up my understanding was the bellhousing is of the same shape

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
The bellhousing on the gearbox end is different between auto & manual. Motor end TD 3 bolt starter, TB 2 bolt starter.

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for all your help and information. It's really appreciated!
dazz09 where are you located and how many Kms does the box have on it?
So basically I need a td42 manual box but does anyone know if I can use my bell housing to attach to the manual box? Or do I need to have both from a manual the box and bell housing as my car is auto with the bell housing

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Cant use auto bell housing on manual box. Has a Different bolt pattern on gearbox. Stick with td42 bellhousing you'll have no prob's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts