Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Manual Hub bolt torque

11K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  bennoGU28 
#1 ·
Whats the torque specified for the 6 bolts on a manual hub on a GU?

Thanks,

Ben

#2 ·
54-59nm for the manual ones and 54-64nm for the auto.

cheers,

sloth.

#6 · (Edited)
A forman i used to work with use to say that every apprentice should have two sets of tools

One set with long handles to undo thing with as the the can never get anything undone &

a second set with short handles to do things up with as they always overtighten & strip them

Regards Don

#8 ·
Whilst your all here, Im doing the manual conversion, coorect me where wrong.

Remove snap ring, remove two spacers, egg ring in, then lipped ring with the lip on the inner side, drive cog, snap ring, hub in, tighten bolts

Put on with the hub on free or lock?

#13 ·
Freaking awesome mate, just for the record what I wrote above is the correct procedure.

:cheers:

Forgot my circlip pliers, thier at work, so its a tomorrow arvy job. I wasnt planning on fitting them so early but I got to go pick up a project car on friday and the dude Im buying it off lives on a hill that makes everest look flat.... so with the 2.8s torque band I need some lower gearing.

#14 ·
Freaking awesome mate, just for the record what I wrote above is the correct procedure.

:cheers:

Forgot my circlip pliers, thier at work, so its a tomorrow arvy job. I wasnt planning on fitting them so early but I got to go pick up a project car on friday and the dude Im buying it off lives on a hill that makes everest look flat.... so with the 2.8s torque band I need some lower gearing.
If you ask nicely someone with a TD42 & a towbar would probably pick it up for you :p

Regards Don

#16 ·
Ha ha, as ethanboris says "I kill you". :)

Apart from this dudes driveway theres alot of bloody stop signs right on the crest of really steep hills so its easier for everyone I think if I just leave the truck in low range 2wd until I hit flat lands again.

2.8 doesnt have a torque problem, just they left the 18spd road ranger out on the production line.......

When you get brand spanker new hubs sets too the egg ring is lightly pressed into the back of the hub to keeep all the rollers in there, just to fark with your head a little more.

#17 · (Edited)
Well they are all in now, whole 10 min job per side once the snap ring was off. Light smear of Castrol HTB over most parts and they just fell in. Got SWMBO to hold the brakes on so I could torque the hub bolts and wheel nuts :)

She didnt get the all clear hands in the air F1 style act before I dropped it off the jack at the time but she did in the end ;)

To make it easier to fit the spacer and egg rings they spent the day in the freezer, only the lightest taps with a soft mallet to seat them home.

Thanks again Don.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.