Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously looking into getting one of marks kits for mine.

One of the reasons is that i like this over crawler gears is the ablity to select 2wd low range for maximum control when reversing trailers.

Also if i go for reduction gears in the main t/case in the future i'll have a huge choice of ratios.

My questions to you all are, does anyone have one what do you think of it? easy to fit?

Also his website say that some of the rear floor needs cutting away to get clearance, any pics of this?

thanks in advance.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
One of the reasons is that i like this over crawler gears is the ablity to select 2wd low range for maximum control when reversing trailers.
No need, you have 2wd low range already, select 4L and don't lock your hubs.

·
Registered
nissan
536 Posts
I'm also very interested in any information on this type of reduction, if someone has some experience with it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I'd like to do it too, but it looks like heaps of work- Shorten rear tailshaft, lengthen front shaft, relocate crossmember backwards, lengthen handbrake cable?, modify shifter bracket.
There was a guy in the 4wd Action mag a while ago who had done it, I'll try dig out the mag and have another read.

·
Registered
nissan
418 Posts
Im also interested in one these dual T/C kits but the only question i have is the lenght of the rear tailshaft once it is shortened and the greater angle on the front uni. My truck will have a 5" spring lift and 13.5" of travel in the rear by next weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts