O/L spare tyre carrier, jerry can holder and rear bar
Arab Specs tail lights
LED down lights in the cargo area
Tough dog RTC steering dampner
Dual Battery
Blocked EGR
Alloy checker plate bash plate
285x75x16 Cooper ATR on road tyres on CSA alloy rims
35x13.5x16 Maxxis Mudzilla on 80 series rims ( i know i know but they have a bit more offset than the Patrol rims to give it a wider stance)
Clarion touch screen MP3
GME UHF CB
80L Waeco
Rear work light
Aux power sockets at the rear
Snorkel
2 3/4 Mandrel bent exhaust
Uinchip
Hiclone x2

Things gone wrong;
Engine blew up
clutch worn out
5th gear sh*t it self
MAF X2
Second battery blew up
Blown intercooler hose
all the above in about 2-3 months

Things to come;
Diff locks front and rear
New solid side steps
Piller pod
Boost and Pyro gauges

Places ive been with the Troll;
Bris to Darwin Via Perth and everything in between
Darwin to Melb Via Perth and everything Between
Almost every place within a 8 hour radius of Darwin
Monkey Mia W.A
Cape Leewin W.A
Broome WA
Kunnurra
Litchfield Np NT
Kakadu NT
Bourke NSW
Springbrook Np QLD
Straddie Is QLD
Mt Mee QLD
Fraser QLD
Great Oacen Rd VIC
Supprise Falls NT
Butterfly Gorge NT
Cervinties WA
Fitsroy River NT
Pilbra region WA
Denham WA
And many more to list

Oh and by the way the rego isnt a problem as its changed, yet again to a different state, damn work

· Workin for the weekend
nissan
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yom said:
You've done alot of driving! How many KM has the truck got on it?
As of yesterday 115,000 Km its a 2001 model

· Workin for the weekend
nissan
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IVC, The rear bar is from Oppisite Lock and i think from memory it was around the $2000 mark with spare tyre and Jerry can holders, it was the cheaper then the Kaymar bar though it doesnt havre the tpw bar fitted in it but that was of no concern to me cause i already had one.

MQ patrol, nah mate that was about as far as i got it was just too soft and the troll sank, but hey cant blame a man for trying rite :D

Martyn

· Registered
663 Posts
Hi and welcome, Great to see another ZD30 on here :) , just out of interest, how much was the engine rebuild... I sometimes worry that if mine blows, how much am I up for ???

Cheers

Nice truck...

· I'll blow your house down!
1,319 Posts
says mudzilla in signature, but i thought they were a quad tyre? never seen them before:confused:

· Registered
nissan
301 Posts
mudzilla is a quad bike tyre and a 4by tyre

it's pretty much a copy of the bias claw, only with better sidewalls.. and they're 13.5 wide instead of 12.5 from what i've found

I was speaking to a sales rep for maxxis a while back, and he was saying that the maxxis mudzillas cant be sold in the US due to copyright reasons.. apparently MT took them to court over it

gimme a creepy crawler any day !

· Workin for the weekend
nissan
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stuartcarr2002 said:
Hi and welcome, Great to see another ZD30 on here :) , just out of interest, how much was the engine rebuild... I sometimes worry that if mine blows, how much am I up for ???

Cheers

Nice truck...
MAte i do beleave the enginr rebuild cost me all up $4500 thats with a new clutch and radiator, mind you Nissan did pay 80% of the total, yeah rite:angryfir:
the thing that annoyed me was i got the engine rebuild at Nissan in Perth (they will remain nameless as the service was s**t PM me if you reall want to know) on the way to Melb at PT Agusta 5th gear packed it in, there is anonther $2500 Mr nissan paid for parts and a new MAF at the same time one would think they would replace that as a part of the rebuild. have replaced it again since then and its on its way out again, and no im not using a oil type filter.

oh yeah they are Maxis Mudzilla at 13.5, everyone has thier prefrence and i have had no problem with them as of yet, touch wood. they were good for the price at $800 for the four on rims and about 95% tread left, cant complain about that.

· Workin for the weekend
nissan
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
toakes89 said:
hey mate how do the 35's go were you are fully flexed?
Yeah they scrape a little on the rear inner guard but nothing to be concerend about, i should look at getting a body lift but i dont think it can be done with air bags on both sides

Martyn

· Workin for the weekend
nissan
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Workin for the weekend
nissan
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
New Patrol

Well folks, i finally got rid of the ol' ZD30 and got me a 2005 GU IV 4.2. It came with the winch bar and Warn winch and Cargo barrier :bigthumb:
I have done some stuff to her already, HID head lights, HID spot lights, New stereo and UHF CB (all from the old patrol Have not tried the old OL rear bar yet) and a 3" exhaust, bonnet protector, UAE tail lights, tinted windows and lots and lots to come, hopefuly a 3" lift just before Chrissy. And of course some more Patrol 4X4.com stickers. Now where did I see that thread......

Oh by the way i will be in Wagga Wagga from 1 Oct-28Nov then possibly up to Canberra for a while, so keep a eye out and give us a wave if ya see me around

· Registered
2,753 Posts
What a different lookin truck compared to your old girl! 4.2 nice, would be different now driving the new one coming out of the 3.0L?
Now as Bad Juju said muddies and lift and time for more action shots!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.