Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been up there recently?
I have only been up once since the fires (and didnt recognise anything), was thinking of a drive up there this weekend for a look around.. see if the power station, trestle are around still and maybe take in the falls..

Anyone done it in recent months?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,248 Posts
Haven't gone to those particular locations but have been up and around during the snow season.
Are you asking if they still exist?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lookin for current track conditions etc. Snow season is when we went thru too, yonks ago.

Wondering if the Trestle and pumping station etc survived the fires

·
Registered
205 Posts
I drove up there a few weeks ago for a coffee and a sausage roll...... didn't go check out the tracks though....

I can recommend the bakery for sausage rolls but their coffees are $hite.

Dan wouldn't approve.

I'd come with you but on Saturday i'm playing golf, then going for a counter, then got a poker tournament with hot female topless dealers who are apparently going to make love to each other after we finished playing. Otherwise called a bucks day / night.

Sunday I will more than likely be non compos mentis.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
piss head :p
You will need a designated driver... Im your man for the job!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'd come with you but on Saturday i'm playing golf, then going for a counter, then got a poker tournament with hot female topless dealers who are apparently going to make love to each other after we finished playing. Otherwise called a bucks day / night.

Sunday I will more than likely be non compos mentis.

What course? :D

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody done Strickland recently? Last time thru few yrs ago there was only 1 rock shelf that was really 'technical'
thorts?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Up there yesterday, and saw on the door of the bakery theres a kewl lookin event coming up soon run by the Pajero club. check their site for events in Feb.

and where are the photos Mr Dave of this event you went to!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took a club trip of 5 cars out today.

Few kms past Fisher Ck track came to this big arze poo bog hole. Not wanting to turn around I thought I’d give it a go. So in I went, and the front sank down to the bonnet – Im only 1/3rd of a car in! Then I realized I couldn’t open the door. The embankment next to me was up to the window sill deep (not the slurry but the bank)!

Then I took a look at the exit in front of me which was a good 2 car lengths away in deep poo slurry. It was higher than the roof of the GU and one wheel track was a deepish rut, the other was a large mound much higher than the level ground (Almost looked like it was made like this for some purpose) which would have leaned you to the left, and if there was no bank there you would be onto your door. You could see much panel marks in the deepish rut side of the track as well as broken mirrors, cars would be on a MASSIVE angle going up there. You would be in a serious machine to be driving it = I’d guess most of it would be all winching too.

Also along Fisher there was another poo bog quite long and bottomless.. more hours of winching :)

Good day out, didnt get to see most of what we wanted nth of Marysville, but thats for another day now.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Gluggy shit it was
This was the second track with a bog hole - more like pit... just front went in and sank... Tracks to left and right, I decided to take center :(
Then behind me was the first section I got thru easily.

·
Registered
205 Posts
and where are the photos Mr Dave of this event you went to!
What happens on bucks day stays on bucks day! I've some photos on my iRasberry I think, getting the car washed at the Kittens Car Wash!

When did you put the front number plate back on the machine?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
When did you put the front number plate back on the machine?
after the policeman asked me too on the way to robe :mad::mad::mad: he overheard my mate say 'hes probably following you for no front plate'... the second thing th cop said was 'than your mate for the info on the front plate' or similar
:ranting: :ranting: 12yrs without one... :ranting::ranting:

It was gluggy sheet I tell ya

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Have fun cleaning that schit off! :grin:

Just got back from Healesville last night. Got the job done at the brewery and now they can make more special batches of beer, mmmm.
It's called White Rabbit Brewery, they make real beer and ale, also sell other types from their other brewery in Perth.

Didnt take my Patrol though so couldn't go exploring and wouldn't have had time anyway. I took the other contractors Navara and trailer (he flew his little 2 seater plane over), plus I dont think he would have liked me exploring any tracks in his stock std Nav :p.
Man it was like a steam house up there all week, that cyclone sure pushed a lot of moisture down to Vic!
Cheers, Dave

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sudso said:
Have fun cleaning that schit off! :grin:
already done, shiners dude wasnt there by the time I got there 11.30pm ;)

Just got back from Healesville last night. Got the job done at the brewery and now they can make more special batches of beer, mmmm.
It's called White Rabbit Brewery, they make real beer and ale, also sell other types from their other brewery in Perth.

Didnt take my Patrol though so couldn't go exploring and wouldn't have had time anyway. I took the other contractors Navara and trailer (he flew his little 2 seater plane over), plus I dont think he would have liked me exploring any tracks in his stock std Nav :p.
Man it was like a steam house up there all week, that cyclone sure pushed a lot of moisture down to Vic!
Cheers, Dave
yea thought you must have left car at home... Your still welcome for the murray sunset/border at easter if ya likes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts