Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
just thought id let everyone know who is looking for different seats that I Just finished fitting seats out of a 2010 Mazda6 MPS Turbo. and i tell you what they r friggen awesome :)
BUT.............
although possible to fit, and they fit great! they r a massive job to fit. I had to fabricate new seat frames for both seats as the standard gq frame and the mps frame are 100% differant.
I made new seat frames from 5mm by 50mm steel bar and spent about a day doing it.
next week ill be ripping them out to tidy the welds up and pain the frames black.

If anyone is interested i can post frame pics up then let me know
otherwise when i get a chance ill post a pic of them fitted

have a good one

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,064 Posts
I will have to do the seats shortly, so I would like to see what they are like too.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno how much they r mate i scored them, for free from my boss who swapped nhis for the leather ones with seat memory, he payed 600 for the pair which i reocn is pretty dam good.

ill get some better pics when the seats are out again this weekend cause i have to tidy up the frames and paint them, black but it gives you an idea

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I am not worried about mounts as I intended to make new ones anyway

What adjustments do the seats have?

Are they manual or electric?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
manual adjustment inc lumbar and height up and down
i have a forward back movement of about 8 inches

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
My problem is I have a dodgy back so I need a good seat. The last two lots of seats I have used both had adjustable bases. You could adjust the angle of the seat base by tilting it up and down, so you could raise up or lower the front and rear. Really good for my back. The Skyline seats I had in the Rodeo did this and were great. The only problem is that they are quite an old model now, so most of them need re-trimming, which costs more than the seats do.

Can you please take a photo of the side showing the adjusters? That would be appreciated. Then I can try and work out how they operate. Hopefully when you say "hieght up and down" it will be what I want.

They look really good, so if they have the adjustment I need I will try and find a set.

Cheers,
Shayne

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
looks pretty sweet dude, im in the process of fitting some r32 gtr seats to my gq, after a ute chop i dont think im going to have much leg room with the standard seats. ive cut my gq seats off at the rails so i can use the standard mounts then im going to use the gtr rails cause there a hell of a lot neater than the gq ones ill post up some pics once its all done in the next week or so if you like.

searlie

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill take a couple pics and post them up. imo they r very very comfy shane.

searlie post some pics dude im keen to see ur set up

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Cheers, that would be good.

I have found out that the electric VZ Commy seats have adjustable bases too, so they are an option. They are easy to find too, not sure about the mazda seats, they might be hard to find.

They look bloody good though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts