Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has and uses a meat cleaver for doing butchery duties, and what is a good brand?

I've just butchered a couple of sheep and it's hard work without a bandsaw so was going to look at a cleaver instead, can't justify the bandsaw. This is mainly for the smaller work I have a hand saw for bigger jobs.

·
Registered
nissan
233 Posts
When we were butchering our own sheep about 18 years ago, I invested in a small Bosch reciprocating saw with the longest blade. Great for splitting a hanging carcase.
I had a larger saw but it was too awkward.
Much cheaper than a bandsaw and safer than a cleaver.

Tom

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Meat cleaver is **** for butchering.

Unless you have to have chops with a handle you can do the hole job with a knife.

Cut out the backstraps and tenderloin, learn to roll the forequarter and your all done.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,179 Posts
Waaay back,I worked for Coates,one day a bloke brings back a chainsaw,the sprocket,

clutch is packed full of pinkish-creamy paste,I ask what the heck is this timber ?--

side of BEEF mate,a couple in fact ! then the maggots started to fall out

Cheers,G.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
I use a meat cleaver ...

For me spring onions and such. :(

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,113 Posts
No cleaver for me pal,

But I do like to use my pork sword whenever possible.;)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Our local hardware has a Chinese meat (not wood) bandsaw for about $200. Otherwise I just used to use a hacksaw

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I still think the best way to get rid of a body is a towed wood chipper. And 60kilo of lime.

Or we really are talking meat for food?

lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts