Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently moved to Broome. Looking for a reliable mechanic for a service for my GU Patrol. Ive found some of the guys up here to be outrageously expensive.

Looking for someone trustworthy who I will continue to do business with in the future. Someone with a good knowledge of the GU would be even better. TIA

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
have a chat with Warren from Minshull Mechanical, Justin, who is no longer there, used to look after me quite well but I did spend a small fortune in there

·
Registered
nissan
648 Posts
Minshull is also the Repco and ARB dealer so you should be able to get a nation wide warranty on some of the repairs.

He's a bit rough around the edges but knows his stuff and will do right by you. Had him do a repair on my GU when I broke down over there. He looked after me very well.

Would definitely use him again.

Cheers
Rainsey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
nissan
648 Posts
Interesting feedback.

As I stated in my post, Warren was very rough around the edges, you get what you see and for my experience, whilst I had to chase them up ... I got a very broken vehicle on the road when promised for the cost quoted.

For this I cannot fault. Now one thing Repco advertise is their nation wide warranty and support. If someone is having major issues with a dealer in this franchise is to probably suitable to complaint further up the food chain.

He is not someone that sucks up to the customer base by any means. He probably doesn't have to being the major service dealer apart from the factory service agents in Broome.

If you have any concerns, my recommendation is to not use him but rather drive 50 meters down the road and use the Nissan Dealership instead if you have Patrol. You will pay much more but if you have concerns, they are probably your next best option.

Kindest regards
Rainsey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: GU_Thomo

·
Registered
nissan
648 Posts
Recently moved to Broome. Looking for a reliable mechanic for a service for my GU Patrol. Ive found some of the guys up here to be outrageously expensive.

Looking for someone trustworthy who I will continue to do business with in the future. Someone with a good knowledge of the GU would be even better. TIA
Like any mechanic, the other suggestion is to try them first. If you are happy with their service, your on a winner and stick with them. If your not, take your service else where.

The unfortunate thing in some forum responses is that you only hear of the horror stories and may not get the full picture. One thing, based on my gut feel for Warren and his crew, they will give back what they get. What you do not know from the Jeep forum is the other side of the story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
The unfortunate thing in some forum responses is that you only hear of the horror stories and may not get the full picture. One thing, based on my gut feel for Warren and his crew, they will give back what they get. What you do not know from the Jeep forum is the other side of the story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Absolutely correct, very few people write about their good experiences so one complaint does not mean too much.
Especially if it is written on a forum.
It is just a bit of information to add to other research.

Cheers
Parry

·
Registered
Nissan GU
17 Posts
Try Salty's Diesel Mechanics Broome. A great family business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts