Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can hardwire them in engine bay?

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Have a link to the product or any details?

You should be able to mount and hard wire anything, as long as you have the room to mount it, enough air flow to keep it cool and the right size wiring to supply the amps it needs.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how to add a link mate. I Google it but can't find anything

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
I don't know how to add a link mate. I Google it but can't find anything
OK I saw a Mega grunt on ebay.

As I said, if you have the space to mount it and in a locatoin where it will not be too hot, then you can hard wire anything.

What do you intend to run, air lockers, tyre inflation, or fill air tanks?

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Ive got one un-mounted. All I can say is it gets very hot after pumping 4 tyres.

And to be honest I think there could be better compressors out there. I haven't done any measurements but I don't think it outputs as much as it claims.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Ive got one un-mounted. All I can say is it gets very hot after pumping 4 tyres.

And to be honest I think there could be better compressors out there. I haven't done any measurements but I don't think it outputs as much as it claims.
Yes heat is the enemy of all compressors. Because you are compressing air, it needs to give off the latent heat. So it needs cooling and this is not going to be good if it is located under a hot engine bay.

I have fans mounted on each of my compressors to cool them for long use such as inflating tyres.

If the compressor is in a cool environment and well ventilated or has a fan, then it will out out more volume and keep cooler.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah OK so I should get a fan near by if I choose to engine bay it. I'm only using it for yeah tire inflation.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Yeah OK so I should get a fan near by if I choose to engine bay it. I'm only using it for yeah tire inflation.
You can stick it under the driver or passenger seat. Will be noisy but it will not be hot to start with (as it will in the engine bay). I have three compressors mounted in the rear quarter pannel on my GU. So there is heaps of other space you can use where it will be cooler than under the bonnet.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of the quarter. I will look into that. Compressors don't let off any bad emissions do ya.
Have you got any photos of your set up geordie4x4?

·
Registered
9,687 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much appreciated mate.. That is where I'm putting my compressor. Thank you

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

X2 Rubbish

I had 4 dead flat tyres, it pumped up 3 and burnt out on the 4th lol

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Why not try a compressor with actual grunt

Grungles Homepage

man up. Mine smokes my mates tjm compressor think I did 7 tyres and he had done two. All 33s going from 15psi to 38psi all 7 tyres would be under 5 minutes (not timed) but hey ill give it a crack if anyone doesnt believe me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts