Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had any one got any solutions for managing the power cords on fridges. Each time it gets moved I have to tidy the cord up to avoid damaging the cord in the door.
Have had a look but can't find anything.

Thanks

Paul

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,519 Posts
have a look at retractable dog leads. can attach cord to fridge cable and as push in fridge cable goes in to. or similar type retractable items.

·
Registered
nissan
578 Posts
I pinched the retractable lead the kids use for there bus passes. Works well, you should be able to purchase one from a newsagent.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Same as above, or if your handy find a retractable power lead and see if you can gut it and fit the fridge cable.

Something completely different in application, but still similar is one I did for my boat to keep sounder / radio cables tight and still allow me to pull them out when connecting / disconnecting.

Was a retractable 5 amp power cable I bought at a garage sale, only about 10cms in diameter, cut out the power and put in the two cables.

Had to fix both ends as I cut out a bit to fit the cable through and had to glue it back together as prying it apart broke the heat weld.

Worked ok with just a little jiggle because of the lock.

Looked like this, but a bit more open;

https://sewelldirect.com/ZIP-LINQ-Computer-Power-Extension-Cord-Retractable-5-ft.asp

Or perhaps you could cut the plastic mounted one out of an old vacuum cleaner, take off the lock and re-case it, they are a small mechanism.

·
Registered
Nissan
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also found this but trying to find oz reseller.

Called powertrax and also comes in nylon. Only flexes in one direction.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
In the back of a wagon is easy if it had factory rear row seats. I use the rear retractable seat-belt to hold the chord tight and retract when I slide the fridge back in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts