Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a comp truck for about 18 months, well I finaly got one.

1989 GQ Extra Cab. Big thanks to John Bidwell at biders 4wd unlimited for all your help with every thing

Custom Extra Cab Chop, Rear Chassis Chop (Bobtailed), 8 point CCDA Spec and approved Roll Cage, Chopped front guards, "A" piller and gutter bars welded through to cage. All of the Bar work Cage and Welding has been done by Biders.

Currently a 4.2 Carby, Extracters, 5 Speed, Heavy Duty Clutch, GU front Diff housing Fully Laminated, 4:3 ratio, Front and Rear lockers. 2" suspension and 2" body lift, H/Duty Panhards front and Rear, H/Duty Rear Control arms, solid Steering arms, tie rod protecter, GU Steering Box

Winch is a 24V Custom Highmount, 6HP motor, Gigglepin Brakeshaft, 100mm Extended drum, all Braced and pinned, 2 x Extra Batteries to run Winch, separate 24V alternator, Albright Solinoid, 45 M 11mm Plasma

36" x 15" Simex Extremes on Cheezy steel Beadlocks and 35" BFG muds.
FX324 gps.

All engineered and leagal bar the tyres

Thats all I can think of at the moment. As soon as I get the cash I will be converting it to a TD42, but the old carbie will have to do for now. I will put some more pics up over christmas.

Will post some more pics over the next week or two.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Balltearer of a truck, congrats!

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
saw this in action a vic winch im pretty sure, its a fair beast

Yes that was it, come 4th in challenge class. That was before I got it. Hopfully the Victorian comp scene gets back on track sooner rather than later :(.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ ute
362 Posts
My GQ has 4"springs and 2" body but I like the look of 2 and 2. Looks low and fast. Nice buy mate.

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is very nice on the big side angles, it feels very stable.

A dit of an ooopsie a couple of months back. I went over on 2 wheels sat there for a second or two then come back down on all 4 after sliping off the track in the wet on very slipery clay. I did sh#t my self tho.

you can just see the track to the right where I should have been

·
Registered
750 Posts
That would of been a very interesting minute or so bet you changed you undies when you got home
Bloody nice ute

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
219 Posts
I have driven your ute. Was a good friend who you bought it off. I watched it's progress as it was built up. Watching this truck being built was the main reason I ended up buying a GQ myself, now GU. Biders has just done some work for me too, great service/job, great guy. You have a pretty tough truck there. I'm happy to see it didn't tip over on you there.

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good stuff mate, got the bug after driving mine didn ya. What's the plan with it
Yes mate it didnt help hahaha. I will be going a JPC pump, turbo and I will probably chop down a Kenworth intercooler.

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All the parts turn up tomorrow. New exedy safari tuff clutch, engine mounts, hoses, water pump, belts and all that crap, all going to plan the new engine will be done this weekend then save up the $ for the turbo and the other bits. looking like I will be fitting a modded Kenworth intercooler about 800x500x52 so it will be big enough I think haha

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I picked my self up a GT2876r turbo, tuned lenth exhaust manifold, 12mm pump with boost comp, 3" dump, 3 core radiator and some other bits on the weekend. Fitted up the manifold and injector pump just need to time it. I will fit the turbo and all the oil and water lines tomorow and time the pump so it will be all ready to go back in on the weekend.

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Nice stuff mick, bet u can't wait to get it in and running. Is that the one we looked at on eBay? Did he have a pump as well, it should get going now

·
Registered
nissan
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice stuff mick, bet u can't wait to get it in and running. Is that the one we looked at on eBay? Did he have a pump as well, it should get going now
Yeah mate its a 12mm pump with boost compensator. Got a heap of stuff off him, he was a hell of a nice bloke. I will give you a call when its all going and set up and we will go for a spin. I'm itching to get it going, I finished bolting up the turbo and manifold and did the pump timing so I am ready to put the engine in :D.

Seems to be a fair bit of oil around the exhaust turbine ?
Just WD40 its all good. The turbo hasnt even done 5,000km its like new.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts