Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, as i have some post worthy pics finally, i decided to post some...

Nothing special, she's a stock Oct 2009 patrol i picked up new on Christmas eve last year. She's done 30 thou kays. and not missed a beat. Love that car!... o hang on! Oh what a feeling! No... what is it again? Ahh, shift the way you move:confused:...

Nissan needs to review their 'motto' methinks!

Attachments

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods hey? I would love to get:
a black sahara bar
front recovery hooks,
build/buy black steel rear bar,
working tail lights,
2" lift,
second set of alloys with HT tyres, the stocko's will be relegated to MTs for playtime'
Spotties HID of course,
snorkel,

I also have racks at home with a custom built roof cage (thanks to my little Bro at Brandon's welding services).

But this will all come in good time. Still haven't done tax yet so when that's in i'll probably go lift / wheels/tyres first. whatcha reckon?

Oh, and sliding rear windows...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mods hey? I would love to get:
a black sahara bar
front recovery hooks,
build/buy black steel rear bar,
working tail lights,
2" lift,
second set of alloys with HT tyres, the stocko's will be relegated to MTs for playtime'
Spotties HID of course,
snorkel,

I also have racks at home with a custom built roof cage (thanks to my little Bro at Brandon's welding services).

But this will all come in good time. Still haven't done tax yet so when that's in i'll probably go lift / wheels/tyres first. whatcha reckon?

Oh, and sliding rear windows...
Seems very reasonable Mic. Good choices on every mod you have chosen. But yeah it'll take some time :p.

Good luck

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No so stock now!

Here she is after her day at ironman. 2" higher, dual batteries, bar with foglights and LED park/indicators and snorkel. The snorkel head is bigger than i expected. I'm one happy chappy!!!:D

Attachments

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, BTW, that's Dad's GQ in the background. He got a winch, bar and suspension.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Here she is after her day at ironman. 2" higher, dual batteries, bar with foglights and LED park/indicators and snorkel. The snorkel head is bigger than i expected. I'm one happy chappy!!!:D
Wow mate, I have to say that is a fantastic looking truck...............

...next time can you move that GU thing out the way, so we can get a better look at it? ;)

Seriously, mods look great but car looks too clean!

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow mate, I have to say that is a fantastic looking truck...............

...next time can you move that GU thing out the way, so we can get a better look at it? ;)

Seriously, mods look great but car looks too clean!
hahah! Yeah, dad's GQ is a mint example! low (i mean LOW) kms and runs beautifully. The paint on the flares leavs a bit to be desired, but she's a fantastic old beast.

I haven't washed the old girl for a while now. I need to get her out and give that suspension a run hey?

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks the goods Mate!! Whats next?
Nothing for the time being... I've used up my brownie points ;) 75L water bladder from a mate $150, under bonnet compressor (ARB) $50 from said mate also. Will be looking to get a Chescold 3way fridge and tent (rooftop or oztent 30 sec jobbie) soon enough...

That's for sure, why are you on a forum and not doing it? :D
Working mate :(... also, lack of places in the Redlands makes it hard...

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good mate, amazing what a few mods can do:D
Yeah, they really wake the car up. Can hear her roar now through the snorkel. Burble Burble Burble!

Only one who's not as excited as i am is the missus. She doesn't like the commercial style bar. Ah well.

·
builder not a buyer!
2,703 Posts
Nice one mic! The old snorkel sure makes a difference

we will have to go for a run sometime when ifi ish my rear bar

Cheers

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome, Chucles, I'd be keen to see that too.

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A minor affair!

I know it's not the Patrol, but i thought i'd show you my first car... she's feeling sad these days :(

Attachments

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The old Moggie was a beast! too bad i was too young to really appreciate what i had :(. So totally abused the old girl. Ah well. I plan to make it up to her soon enough. Then i'll have to spend the rest of my life making it up to the missus ;). Oh, and a coupla over done unecessary flex shots!

Attachments

·
Allergic to IFS
1,006 Posts
Nice work Mic, Deffinately lookin Heaps better, that Commercial bullbar looks great too. Good to see the flex difference 2" makes, are they softer coils than standard???

I know what you mean about your Morrie, my first car was a mint 1 owner '75 Kinswood, stock right down to the red motor, trimatic and "old man louvre." 4 years of being parked on the road and driven to uni by a reckless 17 year old and 500,000,000,000 gold coast trips meant by the time we parted ways she looked a lot worse for wear.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts