Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gessed it was time i started showing you guys what i have been up too.

my plan is
NISSAN FE6TA
445kg dry
6925cc 108mm Bore 126mm Stroke
235HP/173KW @ 2800RPM
and the best bit 647NM @ 1400RPM and over 520NM at 900RPM

keeping the STD truck Nissan box gives me a built in equivalent of dual transfers

I only picked up the motor last month & orgnised the chassie witch arrived for the long weekend

the 2 bodys that will be cut to make a mid wheel base sitting on a LWB chassie that has been shortened & had the ends cut off by 100mm front & 120mm rear to push the front & rear over hang to nearly nil

so far all i have done is made up mounts for the front of the chassie/body +65mm iv also cut the front off a wreck to wield on & extend the bonnet 140mm so i can fit it all in. have started the mounts for the gear linkages to sit on the chassie so i can run the remote shifter for the 6SPD & started looking at how to put a safari transfer case on the back of the box and have the adaptor in getting made up now.

also just organized for a mount strap to be bent up for me out of 200mm wide 1/2" plate to sit under the sump come back up across the top of the chassie & wrap around the sides to be wielded on & use the factory Nissan MKB210 mounts in the front i will then fab up some heave duty mounts for the rear using the factory mount peaces along with 3/8" plate.

currently the plan is for 40" trepdors & 4.1:1 ratio diffs

the rear diff is a HJ260 model out of a MK patrol with the short side cut off the housing (MKs are off centered) and a long side off another wielded back on in its place to give me a much wider track & full floater axles

im still unsure what to do with the front diff tho, open to suggestions.

the start of it all

by lunch time

by the end of the day.

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is what is left of my old truck when i wrote it off. went end over end with trailer & rolled twice

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Oooooh nasty, doesn't look like there is too many salvagable parts from that truck.... roof caved in quite a bit too by the looks of things. Did you manage to get away un harmed??

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na but insurance still wants $5200 as the buy back price. yeah the worst we got was i got a cut eye brow from the roof mounted CB, missers got a mother of a bruise

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
wow that's a bit rich, mate of mine drowned his 05ish troopy and killed the motor, got insurance payout for a writeoff, bought the car back for 5k and then rebuilt the motor, had like 15k left over!
glad everyone was ok though, can't wait to see the finished product, going to go hard with the truck motor!
they go well enough in the truck when empty.

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly what i thort but then with what has just happened over here in CHCH im gessing there short on cash ATM.......

yeah thats how i see it there just over 4.5T empty in the MK185`s & go ok (non turbo) and about so should be fun with about 3T

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a bit of an update have now shortened the chassie 230mm in the middle
have the rear diff half done including brackets for 330*30mm rear disks & 4 pot nissan calipers for the rear

also have the brackets made up to fit the std GU front hubs with twin (2 per side) 4 pot calipers & 345*30mm front disks

also ordered tires & 17" rims to sute.

·
Banned
nissan
477 Posts
This should be an interesting build, keep the pics coming.

I was always worried that would happen in my old shorty, always felt unstable on the steep steps. Glad to hear everyone was still alive afterwards, that looks nasty.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts