Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody at all done some sort of Lap Sash mod for the middle row seats in a GU?
Or does anyone know if it can be done and/or who does it?
And to push my luck roughly what does it cost?

Thanks
Matt

Registered
nissan
Matt,
For some bizzare reason Australia is one of the few places that still has the lap belt in the centre. Europe and Asia have a factory lap/sash. It is a roof mounted system. I think that if you remove the roof lining above the passenger side middle seat you will find the reinforced mount. Have a look at overseas wreckers.
This is one of the main reasons that I am not interested in a Series 9 GU. In 2015 it is an unacceptable oversight. The 70 series Landcruiser 4 door is the same.
There have been previous threads about this - do a search and you may find someone who's done it.
Otherwise contact Jamiesons Conversions in Kensington, Melbourne. they do all sorts of seat mods, they would know what legal issues may crop up (some bloody antiquated ADR most likely)
Good luck with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fits.

Registered
Nissan
Has anybody at all done some sort of Lap Sash mod for the middle row seats in a GU?
Or does anyone know if it can be done and/or who does it?
And to push my luck roughly what does it cost?

Thanks
Matt
I looked into this a while back and found wreckers overseas who had lap sash belts for the centre seat but I think you need to replace the roof lining above the rear as well do shipping on that could get pretty expensive.
My eldest is out of his booster at the end of the year do I'm back to looking for options as I'm not keen on him only having a lap belt. I have 3 kids seats at the moment all tethered to my rear drawers however I'd like to remove the drawers so I'll only have tether points behind the 2 outer seats then (hence why the eldest will have to go in the middle).
Have you come up with any other options ruffrider?
Of only the boss would let me trade up to a y62 I'd be sorted!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts