Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finishing 35k tour with van around oz
99 gu 4.2t wagon 410k stocko beleive it or not it can drive over 120

Anyway couldn't fault the car until i pulled out of the servo and heard a bearing or worn pully noise which i thought was an ac compressor bearing,water pump or power steering bearing as i lost power steering for a minute
pulled over and tightened steering belt as it was loose
normally i watch the egt guage and looked down and she was just under H i dont how far over h it goes but i pulled up again
Only 100km from home blew the head gasket oil coming out from the gasket under 1 and 2 inlet side.
just wanted to know next few steps
i hope i caught it in time, it didnt seem cooked as pulled off rad cap but when i pinched the rad hose ther was no pressure
about 1 cup pushed into the overflow and it wasnt too far after i first stopped at the servo max 5 min

Attachments

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,149 Posts
Cool, if your going to write this up then I'll move this to the build thread area, Members Rides.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,824 Posts
Hey mate, make sure you get your head crack tested prior to making any assumptions that's it's ok. If it is ok and it's out, it probably can not hurt to get it port and polished - might make it flow a bit better! Once it's back together I'd probably do a compression test as well, just to see what's it's like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
365 Posts
That's cavitation damage more than likely caused by your sealant sealing off the pressure equalising groove between the two pump volutes. When you reinstall the pump just use the gasket, sealant isn't required to be added to gasket.

·
Registered
nissan
10,950 Posts
A decent port and polish is expensive and everything I can remember reading says it's wasted money on a TD42.
there is small gains available if done correctly. but its VERY easy to actually make it worse.
for a standard engine i wouldnt bother.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so took some stuff off this arv thermo housing and crank nut damper etc lefty loosey
key was hammered and stuffed pulley and cone nut looked fine
dont know how but pulley face and cone are flush so no more bite for the nut i guess
lucky i had new key to try it locates when pushed right in do i tack weld it in spot
ill drop sump next week to see if there's any damage i cant see

Attachments

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,632 Posts
Good thing you found found the loose pulley before more ungood things happened.
My spare donk suffered a similar fate but apparently the owner didn't catch it in time.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no overly happy ordered last cone and pulley from partsouq for 300au landed
ordered paid and thought id get a notification its on the plane but turns out dealer stock was wrong and nothing there nearly cried

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,632 Posts
no overly happy ordered last cone and pulley from partsouq for 300au landed
ordered paid and thought id get a notification its on the plane but turns out dealer stock was wrong and nothing there nearly cried
Try Amayama.
I've found plenty of items listed as in stock there but out of stock on PartSouq and vice versa.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these are the parts
1230651N01 damper got it
230551N01 pulley
12307Z5000 taper cone
12309Z5000 nut 55mm

1 - 20 of 122 Posts