Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
are these genuine pistons they have a ud stamp on them and all were m2 9d1 and had another grade number underneath all had no 4 except sus combo that had a 2 underneath
I've just again measured liners and pistons and looked at pistons in holes and seems good i keep getting the factory spec sizes liner 96.01 and piston 95.95, will send In just waiting on crank gear, rod thanks simcoe and ufi clutch then will send it

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Just an update
Had the block looked at on a rained out day and checked out ok so got it honed and linished the crank while waited for the hone once all done pulled a few plugs and gave it kero wash brush and blast with the water jet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Finally finally finished cc my pre comb comp chambers took me 3 weeks part time thought id never finish each time id do some port matching of pc the numbers would always still be .2 cc out

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Taught id post a pic of one
Also getting them coated inside and comp face but the sequence i don't know

do i get them done before i give to head man
Also got quoted 55 a piece
440 mani
88 turbine from hpc so 853 sound about right lol td lyfe
Is there a mob in sydney who are good and or does anyone have any other info
Thanks Jono

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Haha yep couldnt let it go
I found the dremel carbide cutter 9901 awesome its about 3.2mm straight and these green rotary rubber bits off eBay $36 for 100 bits which are i think 400 grit that buffs then right up

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
A few Updates so fitted ufi clutch, dump oil n water lines lapped rocker pads then finally assembled and bolted in after reversing fully dressed down the ramp with block and tackle solo did have a few heart attacks mind you , now just a few things to finish cooler and turbo piping move steering res bleed then boom haha well see

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
2,587 Posts
A few Updates so fitted ufi clutch, dump oil n water lines lapped rocker pads then finally assembled and bolted in after reversing fully dressed down the ramp with block and tackle solo did have a few heart attacks mind you , now just a few things to finish cooler and turbo piping move steering res bleed then boom haha well see
How did you dress the rocker arms?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
How did you dress the rocker arms?
At worst there might have been .25 mm wear on them, I just lapped then on some 12mm glass that i sharpen chisels on and worked from 180 -2000 wet and dry until super smooth

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Just fitted alternator under the filters trick not too bad in the whole scheme of things

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
Ok update
cooler and all piping hot + cold is all connected just a few clamps to tighten
Dump and exhaust all snugged up
finished turbo lines, drain and intake, got 4 inch right to the face of the turbo with straight 4-2.5 reducer
Now only lol
Remote Steering res
Loom, rad , fan, belts hoses, guages and fluids bleed then start er up
300mm on last weekend stuffed me up 1 week so only a few days over schedule yeah sure

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Ok so front entry just fits the steer res thought it was a given that I'd have to go remote so 1200 belt just right tight to the block, standard 1230 way to big 1180 too small
Photo of turbo intake air

Attachments

101 - 119 of 119 Posts