Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
are these genuine pistons they have a ud stamp on them and all were m2 9d1 and had another grade number underneath all had no 4 except sus combo that had a 2 underneath
I've just again measured liners and pistons and looked at pistons in holes and seems good i keep getting the factory spec sizes liner 96.01 and piston 95.95, will send In just waiting on crank gear, rod thanks simcoe and ufi clutch then will send it

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Just an update
Had the block looked at on a rained out day and checked out ok so got it honed and linished the crank while waited for the hone once all done pulled a few plugs and gave it kero wash brush and blast with the water jet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Finally finally finished cc my pre comb comp chambers took me 3 weeks part time thought id never finish each time id do some port matching of pc the numbers would always still be .2 cc out

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Taught id post a pic of one
Also getting them coated inside and comp face but the sequence i don't know

do i get them done before i give to head man
Also got quoted 55 a piece
440 mani
88 turbine from hpc so 853 sound about right lol td lyfe
Is there a mob in sydney who are good and or does anyone have any other info
Thanks Jono

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Haha yep couldnt let it go
I found the dremel carbide cutter 9901 awesome its about 3.2mm straight and these green rotary rubber bits off eBay $36 for 100 bits which are i think 400 grit that buffs then right up

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
A few Updates so fitted ufi clutch, dump oil n water lines lapped rocker pads then finally assembled and bolted in after reversing fully dressed down the ramp with block and tackle solo did have a few heart attacks mind you , now just a few things to finish cooler and turbo piping move steering res bleed then boom haha well see

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
2,586 Posts
A few Updates so fitted ufi clutch, dump oil n water lines lapped rocker pads then finally assembled and bolted in after reversing fully dressed down the ramp with block and tackle solo did have a few heart attacks mind you , now just a few things to finish cooler and turbo piping move steering res bleed then boom haha well see
How did you dress the rocker arms?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
How did you dress the rocker arms?
At worst there might have been .25 mm wear on them, I just lapped then on some 12mm glass that i sharpen chisels on and worked from 180 -2000 wet and dry until super smooth

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
Ok update
cooler and all piping hot + cold is all connected just a few clamps to tighten
Dump and exhaust all snugged up
finished turbo lines, drain and intake, got 4 inch right to the face of the turbo with straight 4-2.5 reducer
Now only lol
Remote Steering res
Loom, rad , fan, belts hoses, guages and fluids bleed then start er up
300mm on last weekend stuffed me up 1 week so only a few days over schedule yeah sure

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Ok so front entry just fits the steer res thought it was a given that I'd have to go remote so 1200 belt just right tight to the block, standard 1230 way to big 1180 too small
Photo of turbo intake air

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
So got the girl all fired up and done first road test before the big run in drive on the weekend not out of the woods yet but I hope I'm close
Big thanks to @OldMav and @simcoe for all email, texts and phone calls
So it's a little bit rattley so will check tappets when warm next also the 270 ufi is quite smokey I barely have to touch the go pedal and have to learn to only slightly lean on the throttle definitely more torque will have to get up to simcoe for a looksy

Attachments

101 - 120 of 122 Posts