Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I have searched the forum for a downloadable PDF for installation of a Milford Cargo Barrier for a GU3 patrol. The links for the thread results dont work, there is one post, but the image is embedded and a bit hard to read.

Can anybody help me out with a downloadable PDF for the install.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Milford Barrier install

Yeah great......

Do you think I didnt try that. A lot of those links on Google lead to forums where there are outdated links for the instructions, the Milford site does not have any as a downloadable item, there is one as a printed post on this forum as a fallback position, which I did find by......you guessed it........searching

As stated previously, I have searched, although the search engine on this forum returns a lot of information that needs to be trolled through for relevance.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Graham99, is it a full or half cage, I have a Millford half cage with my outback draws, so I could take some photo's if that's what you have.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi geeyoutwo

It's a full height cargo barrier mate.

I have had some luck with an idiot guide, there is one post on here with the pages as separate photos. I have copied and pasted into MS Word, and adjusted for size. I have also saved as a PDF if anybody wants a copy.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Ring their head office in Adelaide and ask them to email you a copy of the fitting instructions. They usually oblige.
If you've bought it second hand you might need the camp rail mount plates for the top straps and the wire tool to hold them in place.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cargo barrier fitting

pm me your email, I will get it to you quick as a dick!
Hi Bigbear

Thanks for the e mail, that is perfect.

Thanks for the photographs too, I took it out of the previous vehicle so I have a bit of an idea where everything goes. I may just be missing some spacers, so I'll probably make them. I have everything else to fit to the vehicle.

Thanks for your help everybody.:D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there

I have discovered that I need a few pieces in order to fit the cargo barrier into the vehicle, these are mainly the bits I couldnt recover from the original vehicle.

ARB Penrith have quoted $100 - $150 for the fitting kit which they order from Milford. Is this good??? I have seen some people say that it is $75 approx.

Is this correct or do i just cough up the $150 ???

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
just get them to do it. $150 is not *that* much...

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hi there

I have discovered that I need a few pieces in order to fit the cargo barrier into the vehicle, these are mainly the bits I couldnt recover from the original vehicle.

ARB Penrith have quoted $100 - $150 for the fitting kit which they order from Milford. Is this good??? I have seen some people say that it is $75 approx.

Is this correct or do i just cough up the $150 ???
That would be the two plates that go inside the top camp rail of each side and the 4 bolts?
They are two pieces of flat bar with two threaded holes for bolts and a hole in the centre in each piece. You drill a hole in the camp rails with a hole saw big enough for the flat bar to slip through and drill two holes the right distance apart for the bolts.
You have to hold each plate in the camp rail with a 'T' piece tool through the larger centre hole while you get the bolts started through the bracket and camp rail and into the threaded rail plate. It's a fiddly job.
These are the most common parts that are missing when you buy a second hand cargo barrier.
Also remember that the manufacturers rating and product liability on it is void once it's moved from the original car it was fitted to, even if the Spec plate is still on it. It should have the original vehicles rego # stamped on it if it was fitted new by a dealer or Milfords. I worked there for a little while about 20 years ago.
Cheers, sudso

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi there,

The $150 was just for the parts, it was not including fitting.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*Update*

I have got a proce for the fitting of the cargo barrier, ARB want $360 to fit, plus $100 - $150 for the fitting kit.

I think $510 to put it in is a bit exxy. Looks like I may have to pluck up the courage and the holesaw to do it myself.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
*Update*

I have got a proce for the fitting of the cargo barrier, ARB want $360 to fit, plus $100 - $150 for the fitting kit.

I think $510 to put it in is a bit exxy. Looks like I may have to pluck up the courage and the holesaw to do it myself.
There is no big deal in fitting it yourself, just think about it and take your time, the very important point is measure twice and cut once.

I would recommend buying the original mount plates though.

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
I went through exactly the same thing about 2 months ago........ A lot of people had warned me that they were difficult to install etc........

The whole thing took 30min and that is with about 10min stuffing around as several people had told me it will only go in through the passenger door....... I wouldnt. but it did go straight in through the rear doors.

mine may be slightly different as it is a DX, but there was no cutting no drilling at all.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Let me know when your installing it Graham, I will come and watch (drink) & be the support team for you.

You could copy my Outback barrier mounting from the rear grab handles.....if you like......

Should catch up tomorrow to suss it out...........

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah no problem Paul. I'm happy to catch up tomorrow night, but it may have to be 7ish rather than the normal time because I have an interview to attend.....

It's a strange feeling being head hunted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts