Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,
Just bought a milford cargo barrier (second hand) just wondering where and how i can get a fitting kit from ?and how much it is ?
or if youve bought a second hand one show us how you installed it

ps have done a search , looking for new info though:D.

thanks
chris

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
have you tried giving milford themselves a call im sure they have fitting kits avaliable.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The website has a large number of fitting sheets. I got mine from there and I also emailed them for older files tehy do not have on their website. They were great to deal it.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Funny this should be on here now! I just walked into Cash Converters (Redcliffe, Qld) today and they have a Milford cargo barrier for an FJ60 for $15!!

How close would this go to fitting into a GU with some mods?

·
Registered
Nissan
2,121 Posts
Funny this should be on here now! I just walked into Cash Converters (Redcliffe, Qld) today and they have a Milford cargo barrier for an FJ60 for $15!!

How close would this go to fitting into a GU with some mods?

Don't know how close a fit it would be but at $15.00 it's a good investment. If it doesn't fit, I reckon you'll make money on it if you were to sell it on flea-bay!

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you search here, you will find a lot of people fit a secondhand barrier using non-standard parts, by bolting to existing holes in the patrol, like the 3rd seat holes or the child seat holes at the bottom and at at the top bolting to a short strip between the grab handle holes. This saves a tricky job drilling largish holes through body panels. For my purposes, I judge the strength to be quite adequate, you need to make your own judgement. The patrolapart barrier (which I think is approved) bolts only to the 3rd row seat holes and appears to be a very strong arrangement.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Don't know how close a fit it would be but at $15.00 it's a good investment. If it doesn't fit, I reckon you'll make money on it if you were to sell it on flea-bay!
Already on it!! When I go back to the shops later today, I'll snap it up!! Can't be too hard to mod ot fit GU!! Just needs a paint job really!!

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Already on it!! When I go back to the shops later today, I'll snap it up!! Can't be too hard to mod ot fit GU!! Just needs a paint job really!!
Sorry about thread hijack....but I just got the FJ60 Milford Barrier for $15 and it has a fitting kit (or at least some bolted on long bits of steel with holes in them. After a trial fit, it's about 50mm too long, but with a 'cut and shut', it will be good!

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
I put a Pajero one in mine, these have a lexan (clear plastic) flap/window in the middle just above the rear seat hight, so without taking a seatbelt off, you can just reach through to the esky (well the kids can) while on the move :D

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
hey guys ,
Just bought a milford cargo barrier (second hand) just wondering where and how i can get a fitting kit from ?and how much it is ?
or if youve bought a second hand one show us how you installed it

ps have done a search , looking for new info though:D.

thanks
chris
What you'll probably need are the plates that go inside the camp rail for the upper mounting brackets of the barrier from Milfords (about $100 for the kit) or you can make them easy enough yourself out of 20x6 flat bar. If you cant find the details online email Milfords and they'll email you the fitting instructions for it all.
The lower brackets bolt to the factory seat mount points.
Cheers, sudso

1 - 10 of 10 Posts