·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,500 Posts
Good find Grumpy and how fekin true.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That's awesome Grumpy.... - gunna play that on the school bus for my high-schoolers.

How do you make a milennial late for work ?............
......................?
........................... find him a job.

How do you get a milennial to shut up ?.............
...................... break his thumbs.

Why don't millenials need birth control ?..........
...................they can't stay off a screen long enough to finish anything.

How do you starve a milennial ?.............
................... drop them more than 500m from Maccas and disable their phone's GPS

Why won't milennials survive the corona virus ?.......................
........................ they're incapable of replacing an empty toilet roll.

How do you know if there's been a milennial in the house ?.........
........................ every light left on, fridge door open, dunny not flushed, both air-con and heater running flat out, hot water system empty, dirty plates and cups everywhere, tools missing, floor-drobe overflowing out of their room, dog escaped, biscuit tin empty, your towel used as a bathroom mat, thongs missing, and a text saying "my car just stopped, I think it's out of petrol "?

How do you completely disable a milennial ?..................
......................hide their phone charger.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Milennials = ...........8x genders, ....................1,000 x selfies, .................................................................. no F_ _ king idea.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,000 Posts
The Millennial generation was created by an earlier generation. Just saying.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,659 Posts
What i mean is that I am sure during your growing years politicians were noble, everyone was honest and everybody told the truth
Who are you friggin kiddin! 🤔🖕

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
6,517 Posts
The Millennial generation was created by an earlier generation.
Too true. Kids growing up thinking they were "special" because their parents kept telling them that regardless of how the kids acted or behaved. The same kids were put into an education system where teachers were not allowed to write "negative" comments on report cards and the kids "graduated" with gowns and mortar board hats just for turning up regardless of what they achieved. The millennials are a product of their parent's generation.

Fortunately I look at my four millennial children and think about the lyrics of that song and see nothing in common. They all have jobs (except the new mum that has a 6 month old) and have all left home and don't expect anything for nothing.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,371 Posts
the kids "graduated" with gowns and mortar board hats just for turning up regardless of what they achieved
This, I hate, it took me years of work to get this privilege.
Infants graduating from preschool, kids graduating from kindergarten, kids graduating from infants school, kids graduating from primary school, kids graduating from year 10 and kids graduating from high school.
End of rant.
I feel better now. 😄

Reactions: Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,032 Posts
Too true. Kids growing up thinking they were "special" because their parents kept telling them that regardless of how the kids acted or behaved. The same kids were put into an education system where teachers were not allowed to write "negative" comments on report cards and the kids "graduated" with gowns and mortar board hats just for turning up regardless of what they achieved. The millennials are a product of their parent's generation.

Fortunately I look at my four millennial children and think about the lyrics of that song and see nothing in common. They all have jobs (except the new mum that has a 6 month old) and have all left home and don't expect anything for nothing.
My Granddaughter is a millennial, not that bad but still there is a resemblance, she recently turned 21 and at the party there were many examples of the classic millennial.

I remember when she, her mum and stepfather were living not far from us, she was around 10 and going to a local school near me, she started to play up and it was traced to a young male moron teacher she had who was constantly telling kids in his class what rites they had as children, she did something that she much later regretted that got someone into trouble and police became involved and it was all BS. It was all I could do to stop myself from going to that school and hammering the bejesus out of the stupid poor excuse for a human, teacher. I came down on her like a ton of bricks. Kids can be influenced in many ways.

It is alright for people to say yes they were brought up by the preceding generation but that ain't the full story. Look around now at the main offenders re social distancing.

As much as I love my Granddaughter I don't want her anywhere near this house at the moment, I speak to her on messenger.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**** you. You were exactly the same
Right,working after school,Apprenticed at 15,rode to work on my treddly to save a deposit on a car,bought a house at 25,worked some crap jobs because opportunities were scarce for a while,and here you are,benefiting from the infrastructure my taxes paid for,schooling etc and still can't spell intercourse ! :LOL:

Cheers,G.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,032 Posts
Right,working after school,Apprenticed at 15,rode to work on my treddly to save a deposit on a car,bought a house at 25,worked some crap jobs because opportunities were scarce for a while,and here you are,benefiting from the infrastructure my taxes paid for,schooling etc and still can't spell intercourse ! :LOL:

Cheers,G.
On my own since I was 15, lol, def not a millionaire by 30 even with a lot of hard work and after 74 years still not there, but we made it to 'comfortable' due to said hard work, damn I also paid a lot of taxes for questionable things over the years. I was saying to my wife the other night while listening to a woman whinging about something the Govt was doing, what sort of assistance do people think we would have gotten if this had happened in say the 60's or even 70's when my Daughter was born and I struggled to put together a deposit for a house for my family, the answer to that would be, not bloody much.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,857 Posts

Cheers,G.
I'll remember that when I'm paying for your pension

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,282 Posts
I work with millennials alot now.
All of the new staff have been through uni (had to pay themselves unlike my generation and I didn't even do uni, I did a diploma and was paid to do it).
They are able to apply their knowledge accurately and appropriately, can diagnose and manage well and their interpersonal skills are excellent. Tbh they are far better at their job than many of my era.
A tougher entry into the workforce than I had and that is perhaps part of the reason why they excel.
I am very confident for the future given the ability displayed, combined with the lack of judgemental bias my generation is often guilty of, myself included.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,032 Posts
I work with millennials alot now.
All of the new staff have been through uni (had to pay themselves unlike my generation and I didn't even do uni, I did a diploma and was paid to do it).
They are able to apply their knowledge accurately and appropriately, can diagnose and manage well and their interpersonal skills are excellent. Tbh they are far better at their job than many of my era.
A tougher entry into the workforce than I had and that is perhaps part of the reason why they excel.
I am very confident for the future given the ability displayed, combined with the lack of judgemental bias my generation is often guilty of, myself included.
No one is saying they are all like that, I know many good examples myself, but OMG there are a lot of bad examples out there as well, also don't forget the vid is actually a joke. Just like other generations accusing us baby boomers of causing all their issues.

Lol, my pay packet for my first year of apprenticeship when I moved to Sydney at 16 was 4 pound 7 shillings and 6 pence and I had to pay board out of that, quite a few who went through that as well.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,282 Posts
No one is saying they are all like that, I know many good examples myself, but OMG there are a lot of bad examples out there as well, also don't forget the vid is actually a joke.

Lol, my pay packet for my first year of apprenticeship when I moved to Sydney at 16 was 4 pound 7 shillings and 6 pence and I had to pay board out of that, quite a few who went through that as well.
I didn't watch the video.
Just stating they aint all bad and imo they have a tougher entry into the workforce than I had.
Social media, housing costs, population pressure, changing and evolving technology. Glad I didn't have that to the extent they do.
There are some dead chits in all generations.
People are hard work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts