Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Spent some cash on my Ignition system in the 1990 Mav, Iv'e done Plugs, Leads, Pertronix kit, Rotor Button and Dizzy cap and it still has an intermittent misfire on idle and lower revs.
I'm about to take a few liters of ULP and a Zippo too it.
I don't know what to do next, on a brighter note it's running considerably better than it was so I'm a lot happier than i was with it just over it still missing.

Cheers guys for any help.
Deneo.

·
Registered
139 Posts
HI
coil / timing
do a search plenty of info on them
hope this helps & good reading

Daryl

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the Flamethrower Coil from Pertronix aswell, Sorry forgot to mention that.

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny you should say that, Got a 5L conversion sitting in the shed from my VS Statesman, But selling it because i can't be F'd with a conversion atm.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
set the timing slightly more advanced as well. Failing that, park it up in a dark spot at night time, get the engine running and look under the bonnet to see if there are any small sparks getting around in the engine bay. My mate did this and found that there was a small fault with a connection and the current was jumping. Fixed that and misfire no more. Worth a shot if you are considering torching it!

Also have you bypassed the resistor on your coil so it gets the full voltage?

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I connected the Red wire on the pertronix to the ballast resistor should i wire it to the coil instead?

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's what i thought, It's connected to the ballast resistor. This is really giving me the ****s, Spent $350+ on ignition and it's still missing noticeably.

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesn't seem to Misfire while driving, Or when i'm stationary in drive or reverse with my foot on the brake if that's any indicator.

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just dropping out/Missfiring, Can hear it through the exhaust and feel it like when i'm leaning against the bullbar. Only every 10-15 seconds maybe

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She is but the gas isn't running, So it's been run on petrol for the last month or 2

1 - 20 of 46 Posts