Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a 90 Mav dual dual but am only running on petrol due to gas leak But recently the car has to to run like dog crap not the usually tb42 miss but really bad the tacho is jumping al over the place took the sparks out cleaned them was not that put my spear lead on was not that went and bought a new dizzy cap was not thAt either took the rotor button off and cleaned it same wid the plastic cap under that cleaned it to but the strange thing if I place my hand on the dizzy and place pressure on it pushing it towards the radiator itwill start to fair on all cylinder I know Which cylinder is not firing it's number three

Ps it's acarby and done 350 help please

Help please the hand brake is getting piesed at me and we need it forewing

By the way is a carby done 350 thou

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bloody iPhones changing words!!!!

You didn't mention anything about the points (at least i don't think you did)
Have you checked them, replaced them?

Pep

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
If by putting pressure on the distributor, and it runs OK, sounds like you have a bent dizzy shaft. See if you can borrow a dizzy to try.

Mine runs rough as guts on petrol, but its dried out, and flooding real bad. Carby kit coming.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Points were replaced about three months ago and I cleaned the carby wid a tooth brush and pencil because it was covered in crap how would I have bend the dizzy shaft ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Try replacing the condenser it could be the culprit.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
2 wires coming from battery with fuseable links, 1 white wire with red stripe and 1 red wire, cut the red wire, its not needed and causes misfire

·
manuals the real mans choice
nissan
380 Posts
Why not just change to a electronic ignition set up? That'd fix the bent dizzy shaft (if its indeed that)

Mine was missing.. i just replaced coil, resisitor, leads and spark plugs and it seemed to work... I pulled the fuse out of the red wire like monaroman said.. didn't change anything.. so..

Just trying to help :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Points were replaced about three months ago and I cleaned the carby wid a tooth brush and pencil because it was covered in crap how would I have bend the dizzy shaft ?
the carby hs petrol running through it every time the car is running , cleaning a carby with petrol does buggar all . needs to be acid dipped to remove residue . all petrol will do is remove any dirt or grease on the outside of the carby

1 - 13 of 13 Posts