Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i was driving my mk down the bush then had to go into town, once i got onto the black top about 500 meters it died, i would pump the accelerator and it would jolt like it was trying to keep going and eventually would stop.

so i started it again and worked out that once i got to around forty and changed into 3rd it would die so i tried going from 2nd to 4th and it still died.

but get this i got it back to camp then the next moning we headed home it was towing a boat and trailer and it ran fine got up to about 120km no worries.

which makes me think it could have just been some water (mud dirt all the rest) i went through off road. if anyone has an idea of what it most likely is i'd love to hear it. i'm taking it out this weekend so i'll see if it has improved.

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh i also have cleaned the engine bay right out since then and washed out the dizzy cap today.

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
Water in fuel or dirty filter, squashed fuel line, sick coil/condensor, points, cracked dizzy cap, even a tired fuel lift pump or blocked pickup in the tank.:D

·
White & Whistlin sd33T
nissan
388 Posts
Yeah, sounds a bit like water in the dizzy or wet coil.

Ric

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Petrol,
Make sure the battery is fully charged

Change your fuel filter (coupla bucks)

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys i know the dizzy cap isn't cracked i check that :) but i'm gonna change the fuel and oil filters (and engine oil as well) asap.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
thanks guys i know the dizzy cap isn't cracked i check that :) but i'm gonna change the fuel and oil filters (and engine oil as well) asap.
Also put in an new capacitor, they only cost a few bucks and sometimes when they get hot your spark will die right off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts