Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

In a couple of weeks im going to remove all the lifted shackles from my patrol and replace with factory height shackles.

Whilst i was at it i was going to remove the steel bush/sleeve that comes with the kit that normally never gets changed as its a pig to remove.

Does anyone have any tip's for removing it??

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
Become a Buddhist Monk. You'll need the patience.

Can't remember exactly how me and the old man did last time, I think we hacksawed it longways twice and the belted the halves with a hammer until they came out.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Also thinking of using the standard Nissan jack with a 400mm extension on it inside the rails and using it to press the bush out.

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Just did mine on the shorty, die grinded them out till about a mm left of the bush, then wacked em out with a bolt a touch bigger than the inside dia of the bush. Getting the new ones in is the harder part if you don't have a press.. I used all-thread and two nuts/washers

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
When I done the shackles on my old MK end up using a hack saw blade with a andle to cut the pins. - The Sleeves had weld themselves to the pins.

I got replacement bushes and pins from pedders - they where the only vendor I could find that had MK bushes listed.

·
Registered
nissan
1,234 Posts
apply heat even a welder will do it. when they cool the bush will shrink and any rust will loosen

can buy the bushes from nissan. about $30 last time i bought some.

I put em in with a bolt and a good rattle gun. over night /week in the freezer will shrink them a little.

·
Registered
nissan
299 Posts
I found a easy as way. I found on u tube using a old jack and some big sockets. u destroy a scissor jack use the threaded rod from it. big socket on one side for bush to slide into and something on the other side to little bit smaller then bush and start winding. tap and tighten as u go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts