Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Hello everybody. I'v gott death SD33, ONLY 7bar of compression presure. Do you know a good overhaul kit fór this engine? On Ali they gott some kits, but i didnt know nothing about quality

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,720 Posts
I wouldn't trust an aftermarket rebuild kit.
They might be okay for some of the little seals and gaskets, but they are not worth buying for those alone. Most genuine Nissan parts for the SD33 are fairly reasonably priced anyway.

Only ever use genuine Nissan head gasket, manifold gaskets, front and rear crank seals. Aftermarket parts will leak. Genuine piston rings, main bearings and con rod bearings, rocker cover gasket, timing cover gasket and plenty of other parts are still available including valves, stem seals etc.
Cylinder liners are available, but they are incredibly expensive. Last I checked, only 4 pistons were still available and I doubt Nissan will manufacture more. Yours may be able to be reused if they are not scored and still within spec I know cam bushings are not available, but NDC brand are, NDC made a lot of original bearings for Nissan, so I expect they will be okay.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts